I'm thinking about starting a blog to build a community of people (similar to bodybuilding.com) who are interested in my particular genre of music. My goal is to use this blog as a marketing tool in order to launch my fastlane venture in the music industry. I guess the idea is that I can build up an e-mail list through a newsletter and I can put ads directly on the blog for the business.
I used 1&1 hosting for my last web site venture and it came with a blog tool. I thought it was really awful because there were only a handful of templates to work from and the one I chose had problems with it. My aim right now is to get a blog that is basic but not so blog looking. I only have a handful of sub-categories so I don't need a large magazine layout.
Should I use Wordpress for this site? What would be involved in getting a professional looking blog like I described with my own logo? Would I have to hire my own designer?
Thank you!
I used 1&1 hosting for my last web site venture and it came with a blog tool. I thought it was really awful because there were only a handful of templates to work from and the one I chose had problems with it. My aim right now is to get a blog that is basic but not so blog looking. I only have a handful of sub-categories so I don't need a large magazine layout.
Should I use Wordpress for this site? What would be involved in getting a professional looking blog like I described with my own logo? Would I have to hire my own designer?
Thank you!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
