What's new

Sports Memorabilia Biz???

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

TaxGuy

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
1,276
Location
Goodyear, AZ
Rep Bank
$940
User Power: 10%
While I've been unemployed for almost 4 months now and due to financial responsibilities will have to put a new business plan on hold until I get some of my student loans and credit cards paid, I ran across what will hopefully help get me back to the fastlane....

I ran across an ad in the Sports section today about a Sports Memorabilia distributor that is looking for investors and said that $18k secured 100% is necessary I had mixed feelings...(this would come out of my home equity line)

First thought is, of course.... is this a MLM/Pyramid Sceme/Get Rich Quick, etc, etc...

And the other is that I worked for a sports memorabilia store in college and had a blast, while I know that one of the cardinal sins is to get into a business b/c it's something you like or thing you are good at(and thus can sell), I still feel that there's enough of a built in market for this to get me at or above where I'd be working a 9-5 for some thankless employer.

I still am not sure what the opportunity is, but that they are interviewing candidates, it sounds like a distributor position for licensed merchandise and the guy I spoke with said that some of the clients are Autozone and Hallmark and that they deal in MLB, NFL, NBA, NASCAR, and collegiate licensed products.

If anybody knows anything about this company, I could not find anything by googling it + scam or + rip-off, the company is called Sports Merchandising Network and URL is Sports Merchandising Network which is basically their retail catalog.

I will not invest a penny(outside of gas if I do decide to go for the interview) until I have a good idea of what the model is and some 3rd party info regarding the company as they have been around for 15yrs and is based out of Duluth, GA.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O fup'v lpux vji dunqepz - cav jisi ot nz veli..

1. Qezoph $18l vu ci e "fotvsocavus" ot e gmeh.
2. Vjios xictovi muult vu ci e qsivvz tonqmi vinqmevi - puv qesvodamesmz qsugittoupem.
3. Vjios xictovi motvt pu effsitt us qjupi pancis (op gedv vji juni qehi motvt "Qjupi Pancis:" cav ot cmepl.
4. E pancis ug onqusvepv qehit gus idunnisdi (v&d't epf Qsowedz qumodz) esi cmepl. "Vjot ot uas qsowedz tvevinipv. Qmieti sief ov xovj desi. " MUM


Katv fuitp'v muul qsunotoph vu ni, ev mietv up vji tasgedi..

O xuamf tez vjuahj - og zua esi qettoupevi ecuav vjot - epf vjot dunqepz fuitp'v qep uav - fup'v tvuq , O'n tasi vjisi esi qmipvz ug dunqepoit zua duamf qastai xju ESI tumof..
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom