Alright, finally getting started. Going to make a progress thread for both accountability and to document the process, hopefully to success. I am going to be making an app that allows coaches to input scouting reports of players, make depth charts, draw plays, create formations, create rosters, etc. I will also allow coach-team communication, so coaches can send reminders to the team, schedules for the week/month/day, the depth charts, playbooks, etc.
My first step is to sit down and plan all of the functions/features I want, create some flow charts of the functionality and some sample screens, then get to work!
The only huge limitation I'm facing is some time (Still got high school HW to do, and I also coach the JV Soccer team) but to help with this I'm cutting out video games so all of my free time (not homework, not coaching) will be spent on outside exercise or working on the app. The other limitation, a real limitation, is that I don't have a mac, so I'm going to be starting on Android and hopefully get a small-medium sized backing and either make enough profit to afford $99 for an iOS Dev license and make the app somehow on iOS using any kind of Mac i can get my hands on (library or something), to get enough revenue to afford a Mac Mini or get enough support to start a Kickstarter or IndieGoGo to get money to make the iOS app.
Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Concerns?
My first step is to sit down and plan all of the functions/features I want, create some flow charts of the functionality and some sample screens, then get to work!
The only huge limitation I'm facing is some time (Still got high school HW to do, and I also coach the JV Soccer team) but to help with this I'm cutting out video games so all of my free time (not homework, not coaching) will be spent on outside exercise or working on the app. The other limitation, a real limitation, is that I don't have a mac, so I'm going to be starting on Android and hopefully get a small-medium sized backing and either make enough profit to afford $99 for an iOS Dev license and make the app somehow on iOS using any kind of Mac i can get my hands on (library or something), to get enough revenue to afford a Mac Mini or get enough support to start a Kickstarter or IndieGoGo to get money to make the iOS app.
Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Concerns?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
