The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Spinning wheels

William

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 15, 2012
I have a goal but I am at a particular road block.

Currently, I am the "manager" of valet parking at one of the biggest hotels on the east coast. While working here, I have noticed the pain points within the realm of valet parking. People complain about all types of shit: someone moved their seat, car takes too long to be retrieved, price is too high, etc.

From almost two years of experience with this role, my logical guess is that the steep price of valet parking is what there could be a viable solution for. It's 50 bucks a night to park. Whenever I say that to a guest, I always inform them that they have in and out privileges and access to their car whenever. Still, some guests DONT GIVE A SHIT: 50 bucks a night to park is just ridiculous. I would say about 3 out of 10 guests have an issue with the price. Out of the 1400 room hotel that's around 420 people who have an issue with the price of parking (assuming the hotels full).

Next....I explain the options:

1. Self park for $36 w/ no in and out privileges. Directly across the street.
2. Self park around the corner for $30 bucks w/ no in and out privileges.

Half of the time they shrug, wave their hand and say...."psshhh....I'll valet." The price difference is not great enough to park across the street, without in and out privileges, and no convenience of someone bringing your car right up to you. The other half of the time they obviously choose one of the 2 options that I propose.

The thing is...I'm not aware of ALL the self parking in that area, especially in regards to price. And there are TONS. Those two I mentioned are the ones where I know price and location. For most guests, (7 out of 10) convenience trumps price. For the other 3 out of 10 people, they are willing to park elsewhere ESPECIALLY if the price difference is substantial.

Would an app that directs you the nearest, cheapest parking fulfill this need?
Does anyone have a good angle to approach this from?

Been thinking about this for weeks...

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

William

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 15, 2012
I have checked out Best Parking not Park Me however. I'll take a deeper look into both and see if there is something that can be improved.

William

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 15, 2012
So I looked at both sites, both seem like there is a little too much going on. Seems as if it should be more simple and less cluttered.

Things that I have asked myself are: Is there unnecessary information in these apps that could be eliminated or lowered?

Is there a specific group of people I can target? (hotel guests, ppl. who only want short-term parking, only 24 hr parking)

Oversize vehicles, motorcycles, and vehicles with attachments have difficulty parking at times....is there a way to ease that difficulty?

People want their cars to go in and out but some people don't go far or places where a taxi, train, bus, or walking wont take you for cheap...is there a way to make them aware of that?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.