The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Speak Your Mind On Website

AdamMaxum

a worthy successor indeed
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
Hey everyone,

I put together this 'sample' site yesterday, and I want to know a few things about it. I realize receiving a buyer is the number one goal, but I'd like to hear some thoughts of the yours.

1. How's the design/layout look overall? Remember, this was done in a day.
2. Look at the package page. Would you, or do you believe someone else, would be willing to pay for something like this? If not, why?
3. Should I dump the idea or move forward with testing?

Feel free to say whatever you think about it. I'm including two links. One is the landing/main page...the other is the 'package' I'd be selling.

ok - Home
Purchase Your Blog! - ok

Oh, and don't click the add to cart button on package page. These are strictly mocks.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Looks good, but hopefully your real site isn't on a weebly subdomain.

So basically you're selling micro niche sites??

AdamMaxum

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
Kwerner - Yeah, I'd move it to a .com domain. I use weebly subdomains for outlines, and to get a feel for the overall flow.

The real concept I'm selling isn't creating a blog because almost anyone can do this. It's the SEO writing content behind the blog that will be the selling point. I'm unsure if 10 articles will be enough at this point, but that's where my focus is at. I will also up-sell (although it won't be as much as the core package) for more SEO articles for them to purchase, and have us add to their blog whenever they want.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Sounds like a winner to me. :) You planning on creating sales threads on the major IM sites to bring in the customers?

AdamMaxum

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
Ah, well, I still have more work to do before that point. I'm sure I'll utilize that route to bring in traffic, and test if people are willing to purchase.

I have to hammer out the process details, finish the other pages, setup the payment, and then find a paying customer. I'll post in the future about what I discover along the way.

AdamMaxum

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
Just wanted to give a quick update since 2 days ago, and 4-5 days since I initially came up with the idea itself.

I've pretty much finished all the pages to the website. I may re-order some things around, and stuff like that.

I purchased bloggpros.com - Home since blogpros was taken. I switched name servers and bloggpros.com is currently live as we speak, and fully functional. I still need to do SEO for the site itself though haha, and submit to search engines.

I created a business paypal acct for orders, created a skype username, created business emails, setup live chat which is currently working through olark.com (great company), and various other things.

I am now focusing on the order process, and if it happens, how I'll go about handling them exactly. I have it laid out pretty well in my mind. I'm going to wait to commit too much energy until I receive a paying customer.

I will also start marketing the website as much as possible in the coming weeks to see if a buyer exists. I'll update this thread if any progress is made in this area.

Any feedback of any kind from you lovely forum members will be appreciated :thankyousign:

AdamMaxum

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
What do you guys think of the product itself I'm selling. Would it make more sense if I bundled the writing into the blog package itself for one easy process?

For example..instead of having the package with writing 'refills' that force the customer to purchase additional writing services, why not sell a blog package that includes all the writing along with it. Purchase the blog package for x amount of months, and we'll write 2 or 3 articles a week and post to the blog without worrying as much about coming back and buying more articles.

any thoughts?

AdamMaxum

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
Just wanted to post an update for my own sake because I like reading about myself.

The design of bloggpros has gone through so many different renovations already. It seems like everyday I'm tweaking bits and pieces to make them look/work better. I still plan on changing the SEO article area to simplify the process, and condense it down further. So that's going to change sometime soon. Other then that, I believe the website is looking pretty darn good considering I have no extensive coding knowledge.

I'd also like to proudly announce that 'we' received our 1st purchase today via twitter. It was an SEO article pack, not a Blog, but I'm fine with that. Encouraging news looking forward. Currently, spreading the word via forums, social media, and other 'free' ways for right now. Will update again when I have something more to report back on. Any feedback, like usual, is appreciated. Thanks!

StockDC2

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 29, 2011
Everything on the homepage is an image... That is not only going to hinder your SEO (which doesn't look good for a business that specializes in SEO...) but it makes the text very blurry.

AdamMaxum

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
Thanks StockDC2 for the comments.

I didn't think it was very blurry at all, but my eyes are bad. It makes more sense not to have it as an image anyway like you said.

TMac

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Mar 3, 2011
western suburbs of Chicago
i like the idea a lot. I have a website and blog that I want to bring traffic to but I am not a writer and I don't have enough time to work on blog and seo for my website. I would be interested in this, can you use an existing blog for a website?

IM me with more info

Tracy

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
It looks simple and not in a bad way. As long as you provide a valuable product, you shouldn't worry about your homepage as it is. Good luck, and keep us updated!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.