The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

South Florida Meetup

ralphT

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Mar 25, 2012
South FL
Hey guys,

Just wanted to break out of the lurking shell and introduce myself so I can start posting and contributing to the forum.

I'm a 26 year old web developer sick of the slow lane and doing whatever it takes to switch over to a fast lane lifestyle. The book definitely changed my way of thinking and has helped tremendously so far. I'm still soaking up a ton of information so bear with me while I embark on this journey!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

VUUmarketing

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 1, 2013
Renton, WA
Hey ralphT,

I'm glad you broke out! There's so many things wrong with the 'lurking in the shadows' mentality... I used to lurk but that just made me comfortable with my fears and the inactivity often leads to stagnation then giving up.

I'm from South Florida as well. Pretty much in the same industry as you - web development and internet marketing.

How's the journey thus far? Just keep in mind that soaking up a ton of information is a must, which you're doing. But you need to take it a step further and apply these concepts and strategies.

Turn "I read..." and "I heard..." to "I did..." and "I tested..." - Biggest game changer for me!

ralphT

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Mar 25, 2012
South FL
Whats up VUU!

Glad to see someone from my area sharing the same lifestyle and goals as me :)

Right now I'm cruising in the slowlane and using my free time as the on ramp to the fast lane. Got my next 6 months planned out and I'm excited about it. I'm looking to move out of this area because let's be honest... south florida is a vacation spot and place to retire. I thrive when I'm surrounded by those who I can relate to and this place is full of idiots, talkers, and sidewalk-minded people.

Fastlane plan is still in the works, how about you?

G

Guest12120

Where in South Florida are you guys from? I'm from West Palm Beach.

Last edited by a moderator:

VUUmarketing

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 1, 2013
Renton, WA
I'm in Plantation, FL - west of Fort Lauderdale.

Whats up VUU!

Glad to see someone from my area sharing the same lifestyle and goals as me :)

Right now I'm cruising in the slowlane and using my free time as the on ramp to the fast lane. Got my next 6 months planned out and I'm excited about it. I'm looking to move out of this area because let's be honest... south florida is a vacation spot and place to retire. I thrive when I'm surrounded by those who I can relate to and this place is full of idiots, talkers, and sidewalk-minded people.

Fastlane plan is still in the works, how about you?

I agree. I'm waiting for my wife to finish Law School this summer and we're out of this place...

Indeed, this place is full of idiots, talkers and sidewalk-minded people. I would like to add that this is also where scumbags come in flocks.

Of course, there are a few people who aren't toxic but they're being drowned out by the mass majority. It's a Desperate Housewives situation down here...

ralphT

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Mar 25, 2012
South FL
Welcome! I used to live in Boca Raton myself. looking forward to hearing more from you.

Yeah, I went to school in Boca. I see in you're in CA right now.... I'm jealous :(

Since we all live so close to each other maybe we should meet one day and see if there are any opportunities over here we could take advantage of. What do you think?

Yeah, I'm sure there are a few more we can gather before actually planning something. I'd be interested...

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
Hey!

I'm in Davie, just west of Fort Lauderdale.

Been working on a project for a little over a year now as my first RoR app.

I'm also going to school for Marketing at FAU. I have 1 year left.

G

Guest12120

Would you guys be interested in meeting somewhere in Ft. Lauderdale next week? If so, we should setup a meet up to see who else is interested.

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
My suggestion is we meet up next week, Tuesday on the 16th, at around 7:30 pm at Rock Bar in Fort Lauderdale. It will be quite and chill and we can smoke hooka if we want.

Forming a mastermind group would be awesome! Especially with people who've read MJ's book. We'd all be on the same page fastlane-wise.

Last edited:

ralphT

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Mar 25, 2012
South FL
Yeah, I think it would definitely be interesting to meet up with you guys. While still in the slow lane, I'd only be able to make it after work, unless we plan it for a weekend.

ralphT

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Mar 25, 2012
South FL
Hey!

I'm in Davie, just west of Fort Lauderdale.

Been working on a project for a little over a year now as my first RoR app.

I'm also going to school for Marketing at FAU. I have 1 year left.

Ruby huh...

Hows that going? Ive been writing php for too long now. I also work in cooper city pretty close to davie :cool:

G

Guest12120

Let me know what's the good place to meet in your area and we can get it done. Unless you want to come up to West Palm :)

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
Ruby huh...

Hows that going? Ive been writing php for too long now. I also work in cooper city pretty close to davie :cool:

Yep. I like it a lot. It's very simple and flexible. No need for lots of syntax like ; and things like loops are just beautiful to write.

VUUmarketing

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 1, 2013
Renton, WA
Since we all live so close to each other maybe we should meet one day and see if there are any opportunities over here we could take advantage of. What do you think?

I'd love to meet up but I won't be able to do it this year.

If this is an ongoing meetup, I'm looking forward to meeting you guys next year!

avispa

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Dec 13, 2013
Welcome RalphT!

I'm fairly new here myself, though I make my money lurking lol..

What are you trying to do? What's you idea, and how can we help?

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
Hey guys,

Just wanted to break out of the lurking shell and introduce myself so I can start posting and contributing to the forum.

I'm a 26 year old web developer sick of the slow lane and doing whatever it takes to switch over to a fast lane lifestyle. The book definitely changed my way of thinking and has helped tremendously so far. I'm still soaking up a ton of information so bear with me while I embark on this journey!

Would you mind putting this link in the first post to this thread so people know we're trying to form a South Florida Fastlane Group? I can post events for use to RSVP to and meet up on a regular basis!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421565828078438/

ralphT

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Mar 25, 2012
South FL
Would you mind putting this link in the first post to this thread so people know we're trying to form a South Florida Fastlane Group? I can post events for use to RSVP to and meet up on a regular basis!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421565828078438/

First off I'm unable to edit the first post at this point (I think there's a time limit on edits). Secondly, I don't personally use facebook and I'm probably not the only one. Also, I'm not sure if I can make it to any meetups till the new year either. I'm moving by the end of the month and every day/night till then is pretty much taken.

I'd like to start this group though, maybe we can get a meetup.com page for us?

G

Guest12120

I'd like to start this group though, maybe we can get a meetup.com page for us?

If there are people that want to meet this Tuesday, that's great. I'm in. If there are more that want to join later on that's even better. We can set up a meetup.com group for that.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Guys, this forum has a section for creating your own meetup.

I've moved the thread there and tagged it as such.;)

G

Guest12120

Unfortunately the meeting today didn't work out. If anyone is interested in any future So Fla meet ups subscribe to this thread for updates.

ralphT

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Mar 25, 2012
South FL
Lets try to plan one sometime in January. I'd like to meet some of you guys and hear your stories/plans. I'd prefer to do this on a weekend so let's start with picking a date and time...

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
Lets try to plan one sometime in January. I'd like to meet some of you guys and hear your stories/plans. I'd prefer to do this on a weekend so let's start with picking a date and time...
How does the 4th of January sound? We can meet in Fort Lauderdale at Starbucks near the beach...

Starbucks
3030 Holiday Dr
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

At around 6 pm.

Does that work?

ralphT

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Mar 25, 2012
South FL
How does the 4th of January sound? We can meet in Fort Lauderdale at Starbucks near the beach...

Starbucks
3030 Holiday Dr
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

At around 6 pm.

Does that work?

Is that starbucks inside a larger building or behind it? I tried street viewing that address but couldnt see it. Anyway, that could work for me but im not 100% sure. Will post back here when I am.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.