The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

(SORT OF) Passive income...

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

guitarguru12

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 1, 2021
Good evening all.

I've been busy beavering away at my MAIN business that I'm building, inspired by the CENTS framework.

But I've run into an issue. And that is CASHFLOW.

Because I'm bootstrapping this business, every penny that is earned is invested straight back into the brand. Leaving me at a salary of 0. I'm at a point where I've been desperately searching for a semi-lucrative side-hustle that is as PASSIVE as possible.

Before anyone rolls eyes at the mention of this internet Unicorn, please bear with me. I'm not looking to get rich off this - merely subside. And when I say PASSIVE, I don't mean I'm not willing to put in work. I really am. But the type of work is key.

My research has lead me through everything from web design & agency building, to rank & rent and SEO-based affiliate marketing. But I'm honestly feeling overwhelmed by all these supposed side-hustle options (with Money Twitter perpetually chirping about how EASY it is to make money online......and I believe them. I just haven't cracked it yet).

Rank & Rent, for example, turned out to not be nearly as 'passive' as I was lead to believe. I'm building a few lead gen websites up to rent later down the line, but having chatted to a few veterans of this side-hustle, you spend a lot of time fielding calls and dealing with unhappy clients etc. etc.

I'm looking for something that is based almost entirely online. No sales calls needed (ideally).

I can write like crazy. I'm an excellent writer. I'm prepared to dedicate a couple of hours a day to this, happily.
I can also produce content - I come from Hollywood background, and know how to construct story/narrative.
I'm also prepared to learn some extra skills surrounding this (right now, learning about SEO, for example - and how to drive traffic to websites for Affiliate clicks).

Whatever I can do sat at a laptop is fine by me.

All I really need is £2-5K a month right now.

If anyone has found themselves in a similar position and has discovered any avenues that have supported them whilst they pursued their main business, I would be delighted to chat to you and check out any resources you feel may be useful.

And my apologies if this is a tired old subject that pops up on this forum time and time again...

(p.s. Main business update to come soon...exciting progress has been made since first joining the forum)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DoTheWork

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 12, 2019
It sounds like writing might be a good place for you to start since you have some special experience in that area and seem to enjoy doing it.

I'm not sure how difficult it is to get traction on Fiverr or Upwork, but offering a writing service with the specializing of story-telling or something might be pretty valuable to some people.

I know if I was looking for some sort of story-type writing, I would probably choose the guy who has the credibility of being involved in Hollywood.

guitarguru12

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 1, 2021
It sounds like writing might be a good place for you to start since you have some special experience in that area and seem to enjoy doing it.

I'm not sure how difficult it is to get traction on Fiverr or Upwork, but offering a writing service with the specializing of story-telling or something might be pretty valuable to some people.

I know if I was looking for some sort of story-type writing, I would probably choose the guy who has the credibility of being involved in Hollywood.
It's certainly an option - although the services I've researched on this pay extremely poorly (be it Textbroker, Fiverr etc.).

I feel like I'm going to need to play a longer game him with the side hustle and dive deeper into SEO which seems to be an extremely hot area right now, albeit with a long tail before money gets seen...

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Good evening all.

I've been busy beavering away at my MAIN business that I'm building, inspired by the CENTS framework.

But I've run into an issue. And that is CASHFLOW.

Because I'm bootstrapping this business, every penny that is earned is invested straight back into the brand. Leaving me at a salary of 0. I'm at a point where I've been desperately searching for a semi-lucrative side-hustle that is as PASSIVE as possible.

Before anyone rolls eyes at the mention of this internet Unicorn, please bear with me. I'm not looking to get rich off this - merely subside. And when I say PASSIVE, I don't mean I'm not willing to put in work. I really am. But the type of work is key.

My research has lead me through everything from web design & agency building, to rank & rent and SEO-based affiliate marketing. But I'm honestly feeling overwhelmed by all these supposed side-hustle options (with Money Twitter perpetually chirping about how EASY it is to make money online......and I believe them. I just haven't cracked it yet).

Rank & Rent, for example, turned out to not be nearly as 'passive' as I was lead to believe. I'm building a few lead gen websites up to rent later down the line, but having chatted to a few veterans of this side-hustle, you spend a lot of time fielding calls and dealing with unhappy clients etc. etc.

I'm looking for something that is based almost entirely online. No sales calls needed (ideally).

I can write like crazy. I'm an excellent writer. I'm prepared to dedicate a couple of hours a day to this, happily.
I can also produce content - I come from Hollywood background, and know how to construct story/narrative.
I'm also prepared to learn some extra skills surrounding this (right now, learning about SEO, for example - and how to drive traffic to websites for Affiliate clicks).

Whatever I can do sat at a laptop is fine by me.

All I really need is £2-5K a month right now.

If anyone has found themselves in a similar position and has discovered any avenues that have supported them whilst they pursued their main business, I would be delighted to chat to you and check out any resources you feel may be useful.

And my apologies if this is a tired old subject that pops up on this forum time and time again...

(p.s. Main business update to come soon...exciting progress has been made since first joining the forum)
Let me tell you something about money Twitter from a semi large account myself who has regular contact with people with over 20,000 followers.

Most of them are lucky to make $100 a month.

Most are full of it, most are probably kids.

That place is so toxic and full of useless platitudes.

guitarguru12

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 1, 2021
Let me tell you something about money Twitter from a semi large account myself who has regular contact with people with over 20,000 followers.

Most of them are lucky to make $100 a month.

Most are full of it, most are probably kids.

That place is so toxic and full of useless platitudes.
Hahaha don't I know it.

The flippers are the worst - all of those gurning dweebs with houses full of LEGO sets acting like they're Warren Buffett

guitarguru12

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 1, 2021
That's awesome man. You could start a blog like I did and write content there, drive traffic then monetize it with ads for steady passive income.
I have considered this. Would love to see your blog site if you'd like to DM me?

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Hahaha, don't I know it.

The flippers are the worst - all of those gurning dweebs with houses full of LEGO sets acting like they're Warren Buffett

Well, in my view they are the best.

They are mostly honest and walk the talk.

CruxisKnight

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jan 7, 2021
I have considered this. Would love to see your blog site if you'd like to DM me?
Sure man check your DM. It's a dad blog but its mostly about money making for now and will branch out to other lifestyle things later.

Tom H.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Dec 13, 2019
Jaco, Costa Rica
I don't see writing as passive income at all, writing is work, but some writing jobs are easier than others.

You could try ghostwriting novels. It's pretty easy is you have the skill and you can make a few grand per month, if you can write 1-2 novels per month.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Also on "not passive" bandwagon but you mentioned you're good at writing.

Offer unlimited content service.
Its kind of service where clients can have
unlimited edits with fair use policy etc.

This idea is heavily inspired by DesignJoy - Unlimited Design & Revisions
Guy started as unlimited designs - one person biz.
He is making 5 figures per month.

You might set price high ($1000/mth),
to weed of tire kickers and bad customers.
Even with just 5 clients you would reach your goal.

Good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.