The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Somebody say pressure washing?

Nathan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 18, 2008
Denver, CO
For months I've been looking for ideas for businesses I could start. They didn't have to be easy, they didn't have to be cheap. They just had to be profitable. I have a couple of big ideas (cost a nice chunk of change) to start but I need something to get to that level. Something that will fill the gap and give me the ability to put up money. Hence the PLAN that is talked about so frequently here.

I'm an IT manager currently. I've heard power washing mentioned before but had never really paid much attention to it. Just didn't peak my interest. But about 3 months ago, I started researching power washing and all the services that go along with it, including residential, commerical, roofs, etc and found myself motivated to start a company. I researched on equipment, methods, sales and marketing to get jobs including commerical jobs (consistent money per month based from contracts instead of a home here or there doing residential. Also researched the best practices and have been on pressure washing and commercial cleaning boards about 90% of my time on the internet. I have never run a company before but have decided there's no better time than now. Enough thinking, it's time to do. In the process, this whole concept will show me how to run a business, and all the aspects of it. In the beginning I figured it will definitely be hard work, doing all the work myself, which will be a great change from being stuck inside on computers all day, and better yet, I will be working for myself. But in the end my plan is to push it towards the fastlane. Turn it into a company with several employees and eventually hire a manager, where i can step out and on to another venture while continues to make me money.

But in the present, I'm a long way from that point. So last week I took my first action, my first step on my plan. I bought a trailer, including equipment, to handle pretty much any type of washing job I could possibly sell somebody. I also bought a truck to pull it. Good thing about being in computers is I have plenty of people who can do graphics design, so this week I'm getting all the marketing stuff done (biz cards, signs, vehicle graphics, etc), and other services needed, like phone lines, etc. The web site should be done next week and I've already been making contacts and speaking with people. I have 3 houses lined up already. Within a month or two the equipment should have paid for itself, and within 9 months, I plan to be working solely for myself.

I chose pressure washing because it's relatively low cost to get into the industry, relatively high pay for the least amount of physical work and everything needs cleaning, so there is LOTS of work. Plus, it's a PROVEN business, that many make a nice living from. But i want to take it to that next step and make it fastlane.

Nathan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jito

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Dec 2, 2007
Bay Area
Congrats on taking action. If you are in a high foreclosure area, that could be another source of revenue...

Jito

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Dec 2, 2007
Bay Area
In YOUR mind, how could it be another source of revenue?

You may try contacting the REO department of local banks. I know of a pool guy that is servicing a bunch of pools (foreclosure properties) and has had to hire people because of strong demand.

Pressure wash the outsides of homes, pools, decks, driveways etc. Best of Luck.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35H83uGn_IU[/ame]

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
You may try contacting the REO department of local banks. I know of a pool guy that is servicing a bunch of pools (foreclosure properties) and has had to hire people because of strong demand.

Pressure wash the outsides of homes, pools, decks, driveways etc. Best of Luck.

Well said!

Nathan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 18, 2008
Denver, CO
Thanks! I'm currently working with a couple realtors and trying to get some contacts within the construction/contractor arena.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.