The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Some of the best advice for creatives. Discuss.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida

I'd be interested in having a discussion about the video, as there had been things that resonated with me, and things that haven't...maybe yet.

Some parts to discuss:

0. When things get tough - make good art.
1. walking naked and showing too much - and that being the start of authenticity
2. walking toward the mountain, and making those choices.
3. picking projects for the money never working out
4. problems of success - which ones have you had and which have you enjoyed?
5. On making a point of enjoying it - and the failure to do so while worrying about success.
6. Stopping when something stops feeling like an adventure and starts feeling like work.
7. The fraud police and the great reveal - I am sure those who've put anything out there know this well :)
8. What resonated with you?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
- Don't get blocked up by your ego's fears.
- Chasing, ego, is not as important as your direction deep down.
- Let yourself suck and be vulnerable.
- Enjoy it as soon as you can, and make good art, it'll reduce you getting kicked in the teeth.

It all says one thing.
All the angst, all the pain thrown at you, all that doubt.
Really looks for people who do not fall for the rules that stop originality.
Be confident in yourself, because it is the worthy path, for a success.

If you believe in your success, don't treat yourself so rough.

I knew all this when I started business believe it or not. And I guided my journey and actions based on it.
I can say only this.

IT WAS RIGHT, but that no one gives a darn.
You will never shortcut your success, but you can, make your shortcuts successful.

I dunno man,
I think you face obstacles that sting no matter how you face it. Because if it doesn't sting, you start looking for more until it does.
So following his advice is just as painful as any other path. Is it more worthwhile?
I dunno. Kinda?

I think he's giving very solid advice, but to follow it you have to have amazing self control.
And it won't pay off like he suggests.
It just "is what it is"

Having said that, I think his perspective is accurate. Don't blame yourself. Believe.

FEW others will believe in you. But, hey, its not so bad. Take it as it comes. Find your strength.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.