Geez guys.. I just had to let you guys in on another lesson I learned today with my fastlane mentality. Try your best not to talk about your fastlane theories, society's brainwashing into the 40 hour workforce for 40 years, your 90% of things are all about money, etc.. It's kind of like the whole "it's really important to me and I want to tell my girlfriend/boyfriend my problem, but it will come off as insecure and weak so just always bite my lip and never say anything" type ordeal. Being fastlane and pursuing money may be the most important thing or 90% of what you think about everyday, but for your own sake, please don't discuss it with family, lovers, friends, or anybody unless they think the same way.
For example: My girlfriend yells at me and says that I have been getting more attitudes towards workers now that I do not hold a regular job. I do not think I am better than anybody else, nor do I place myself higher because I am on my way to millions. I don't think I have been getting more attitudes or treat anybody differently, but I told her I will watch myself. I'm thinking "maybe I did change and I haven't realized it" so I will definitely be watching myself.
She doesn't agree with any of my fastlane theories. She tells me that she loves working and that she will continue to work no matter what. I just think in the back of my head "you've just graduated and started really working 3 weeks ago and in a years time, I wonder if you'll think the same way? especially when money is the only reason you go there everyday?" Makes you daydream about when you're making millions and you refuse to pay all the bills and make her pay half so she has to work a job.
Anyways, my point is, please watch the way you act. It's like you're held to different standards and remember to always stay humble. You may be acting differently and may not know it. Surpisingly, the same ones (family, friends, lovers, etc.) that you want to give money to when you start making serious moolah are the same ones that will bring you down. I don't know if it's from jealousy or envy or what.. but.. everybody just watch yourselves please!
Rant over.
For example: My girlfriend yells at me and says that I have been getting more attitudes towards workers now that I do not hold a regular job. I do not think I am better than anybody else, nor do I place myself higher because I am on my way to millions. I don't think I have been getting more attitudes or treat anybody differently, but I told her I will watch myself. I'm thinking "maybe I did change and I haven't realized it" so I will definitely be watching myself.
She doesn't agree with any of my fastlane theories. She tells me that she loves working and that she will continue to work no matter what. I just think in the back of my head "you've just graduated and started really working 3 weeks ago and in a years time, I wonder if you'll think the same way? especially when money is the only reason you go there everyday?" Makes you daydream about when you're making millions and you refuse to pay all the bills and make her pay half so she has to work a job.
Anyways, my point is, please watch the way you act. It's like you're held to different standards and remember to always stay humble. You may be acting differently and may not know it. Surpisingly, the same ones (family, friends, lovers, etc.) that you want to give money to when you start making serious moolah are the same ones that will bring you down. I don't know if it's from jealousy or envy or what.. but.. everybody just watch yourselves please!
Rant over.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
