- Joined
- Aug 20, 2012
- Messages
- 658
Rep Bank
$1,205
$1,205
User Power: 74%
Correct me If I'm wrong but there have only been a few social networks out there that made it, as if there is no real room for compromise. It is either A or B, but most people usually aren't both.
The 3 that come to mind are
- Google Plus
- Facebook
- Myspace
Now, it seems like once you've made a social networking site that has become successful, you've made it...but you haven't. For some reason I can see facebook falling like myspace did, maybe not soon...but people will absolutely want something new.
Now think of people trying to start a new social site now. I'll admit, I'm easily discouraged but I still think with reason. However, when I see GOOGLE failing when its going up against facebook, that really freaks me out. I can see how developers may be saying "Well if they can't why would I be able to make it?"
So my real question is- what makes a social network click? I mean, I am sure there have been plenty of attempts just like facebook that never saw the light of day....whether it be because of the owners poor advertising, or they thought it was gonna take off like facebook (So they made it and thought "Now what") or something else.
It really looks like a hard thing to break into.
The 3 that come to mind are
- Google Plus
- Myspace
Now, it seems like once you've made a social networking site that has become successful, you've made it...but you haven't. For some reason I can see facebook falling like myspace did, maybe not soon...but people will absolutely want something new.
Now think of people trying to start a new social site now. I'll admit, I'm easily discouraged but I still think with reason. However, when I see GOOGLE failing when its going up against facebook, that really freaks me out. I can see how developers may be saying "Well if they can't why would I be able to make it?"
So my real question is- what makes a social network click? I mean, I am sure there have been plenty of attempts just like facebook that never saw the light of day....whether it be because of the owners poor advertising, or they thought it was gonna take off like facebook (So they made it and thought "Now what") or something else.
It really looks like a hard thing to break into.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
