The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

so you can sell ice to eskimos?

CardinalsFan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Feb 6, 2008
Charlotte
sellice.com->what do you think of my new domain name?

I also picked up socialchairman.com, crownofcharlotte.com, breadless.org, frattydog.com, and jeeporheep.com.

a good day at the "office" I would say.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
SellIce.com is a pretty good name with a lot of branding potential.

I would use it for a sales oriented website ...

Fastlane possibilities...

Perhaps a forum for sales people to discuss sale strategy...
Perhaps a job site dedicated to only sales people.
Perhaps a CRM for sales people.

SocialChairman.com could be marketed to the greek system to coordinate their events ... the members could pay an annual fee. (Fastlane possibilities)

FrattyDog.com I could see being used with a college market ... or, TheDirty.com cousin for college students.

Pretty good Aaron!!

CardinalsFan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Feb 6, 2008
Charlotte
thanks mj!

Those are some great ideas, now I just need to figure out the systems to make it work! I thought sellice.com would be great for a forum as well but I was thinking I would have to have some kind of service to go along with it to make any money. I would write an ebook if I new much about the ins and outs of selling, but I don't...I just go out and sell.

frattydog.com and socialchairman.com I had no idea what i was going to do with, I just was looking for good 2 word names that are easy to remember.

Another one I picked up awhile ago was entrepreneurconfessions.com which I want to make into a 'juicycampus.com' for the startup world where people can anonymously rate and comment about any startup they choose to submit.

another thing is I have to find things to sell so I can get the site made. I have been teaching myself some web stuff but havn't gotten very far. I kinda know joomla and now im messing around with fireworks, photoshop and dreamweaver. So on one of my current projects instead of me making a crappy site or borrowing money I found this web designer who agreed to take the first 6 months of sales in exchange for the site. I try and do things like this to make money from nothing instead of building debt.

CardinalsFan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Feb 6, 2008
Charlotte
today I bought some more names:

sellingice.com
dealsfordates.com
gymstorage.com
kisswizard.com
paintballreloaded.com
roidy.com
skippinglines.com
irscomplaint.com
vipowl.com
datebycampus.com
and the one I'm building now housingpuzzle.com

I am going to develop a few of these but do you guys think any of these are brandable?sellable?

Also does anyone think it would be fastlane to start a company that finds domains for other people? for example someone wants a domain name with lots of branding potential but doesnt want to bid on an expensive one or spend the time searching so they hire me for say $100 , to search for names and I register a couple I ask which one they might want then transfer the domains to them after payment.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CardinalsFan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Feb 6, 2008
Charlotte
what I meant was a domain naming company, so a client who has an idea for a website comes and tells me the idea of it and its field and I would go about thinking of a brandable name. no auctions or the hassle of dreaming up names...all for a modest price of $100 or maybe even $50

today I bought: rentstorm.com and backuplist.com

does anyone know any good domain auction sites besides sedo?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.