The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So What is everyone doing to get to the Fastlane?

Nicolas43

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Feb 27, 2010
Canada
Hi All,

Is anyone making money? We've read the book, and all agree that jobs are not the way to the Fastlane...and re read the book again, etc, so I'm just curious if anyone is making any real money out there following any of the methods outlined in the book.

For me, it looks like the way to go is the internet, as MJ says, it satisfies all the criteria to a Fastlane type business. I've been looking at the different income generating options out there: sell a product, sell a service, advertisement; content based; lead generation; business to business, etc.

Is anyone actually using a sustainable internet business model (like above) that is generating some real income (enough to replace your day job)? I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Amway Global

minamo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 11, 2010
Browse around the forums,read the succes stories,and comment on the developing ones.

Then you get a basic idea of what people have a "sustainable" business.

However,keep in mind everyone,s sweet spot is different. One person thinks he or she made it with 100$ a day,the other one with 10000$. Also,i think it is important to notice if the person is actually happy with what he or she is doing.

domular

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jun 24, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
Yes, replaced the income from my "real job" many times over years ago with 2 internet companies. As mentioned above you will need to find your own path to that goal. Any course or package that says they will hand you everything you need to make big bucks in a short period of time is not worth the money. If it's an idea that really works then there will be a thousand other people doing the exact same thing and no one makes money except the guy selling the package telling you how to do it.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
I hitch a ride on the backs of successful entrepreneurs. For better or worse I wasn't born entrepreneurial (been there, done that, didn't like it) so I figured that being an investor was the next best thing. I share in a portion of the gains and do none of the work. That suits my personality best. When it comes to money I'm not a 'go getter', I'm more of a 'just give it to me'.

I'm fortunate that our wonderful capitalistic system allows for this.

Milenko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 6, 2011
Cleveland, OH
For me the Fastlane isn't a destination but a process. Reading the book has changed the way I structure new ventures and evaluate opportunity. I've launched successful websites in the past but most eventually failed because of one (or several) CENTS violations - mistakes I'm trying to avoid repeating going forward...

Last edited by a moderator:

BeachBoy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jul 12, 2011
I've been working for a while on a project, and it's now in second gear.

the book helped clarify the exact aim with CENTS. I think it can impact millions.

Last edited by a moderator:

cashflow3000

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 13, 2011
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Hey Nicolas -

After reading the book I understand the flaw and issues I face in my current business.

So, rather than giving up on it entirely or packing it in, I am working on turning my experience and knowledge into an informational product.

In addition to that we are starting a new business.

My goals for this stage of the journey are:

1. finish production of my informational product so that I can

2. generate capital from the sales. also

3. spend less time keeping my current business going

4. build and learn from our new business to generate more capital

Those steps are all leading up to having more chips to play with for the next-next phase of the journey. I already have a list of ideas to pursue including a novelty "8 ball" type product that should be dynamite. Each product, company, or investment requires its own set of skills, knowledge, and experience. So I have my eyes on the prize but I focus on what is in front of me.

Best wishes,

JW Hagarty

Nicolas43

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Feb 27, 2010
Canada
Hi Domular,

Thanks for your comment. I agree that there are a lot of scams out ther. I'm very curious how you monetize your sites? As an internet novice (I'm a banker by day) I came across a program called SBI, it's not a get rich type plan, but rather educates you on how to build a site based on providing lots of content. I was wondering if you can make real money this way.

Nicolas

Nicolas43

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Feb 27, 2010
Canada
Hi Domular,

Thanks for your comment. I agree that there are a lot of scams out ther. I'm very curious how you monetize your sites? As an internet novice (I'm a banker by day) I came across a program called SBI, it's not a get rich type plan, but rather educates you on how to build a site based on providing lots of content. I was wondering if you can make real money this way.

Nicolas

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I am following through with business ideas that I think will be successful and eventually sell for my retirement. All while making sure I get more than a fresh oil change each week by reading a book and learning something new that I can apply to my business or wealth creation.

wallstreet

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 17, 2010
Nice thread. I'm doing 3 things atm.

1. I'm shorting stocks to pay for my start-up company
2. I'm working on different price models for my start up company. I'm creating an offering that feels like a "good deal" at the gut level and I think I've just about found it.
3. I'm preparing a progress thread and youtube channel to document my one year journey starting with the day we officially "start up"

acrystal

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jul 5, 2011
the last few weeks

1. Purchased about 8K worth of inventory and a new macbook air.
2. Went to see my accountant and bought a new copy of quickbooks.
3. Paid all my bills & all non-business credit cards in full (with day job income).
4. Talked with a friend about internet marketing - very eye opening (surprising how people make money with this - something to think more about).
5. Registered 3 new domains for niche sites.
6. Added unique content and a few adsense ads to existing websites.
7. Added new products to all channels.
8. Read part of the Think & Grow Rich book. Interesting.

Todo:
1. need to find best cc payment processor to attach to main drupal site. Paypal & Google Checkout seem to be unattractive options for many customers.
3. Get subcontractors working on adding more products, content to various sites along with sales, product sourcing etc.
4. More research/time on internet marketing & seo.
5. Finish 2 iphone apps - so far everything compiles with the new xcode tools.

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
Working with a team on a new start-up in the field of nano-technology.
One of the team members has come up with this idea based on a theoretical model. We're building a prototype production unit for products using this technology.
Once we have the proof of concept through this prototype unit, we will file patent applications.
Since we don't want to be involved in the manufacturing business our business model will revolve around licensing the technology.
This project has the potential to become a really attractive fastlane project.

domular

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jun 24, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
Hi Domular,

Nicolas

I have two online businesses, one provides physical products to a niche animal area and the other provides an educational service. Both are extremely niche. Most people have never heard of either and have minimal competition, which is the way I like it. These sites also provide products or services that a requirement or perceived requirement and not a want that has helped during a recession.

I'm in the process of starting a third, this one will be completely digital. Nice thing about this biz is build the product once and sell it forever. That's leverage with infinite return on time invested. Once I get a few lose ends tied up I'll document the entire process here.

easymoney99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Aug 3, 2011
I'm trying to make multiple websites that make passive income, I have one currently and working #2.

Also I wanna create a real product that solve a real life problem. I have a few ideas on the drawing board.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.