What's new

So I've been a wantrepreneur for some time..

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

nelnhf

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Joined
May 19, 2019
Messages
9
Rep Bank
$150
User Power: 133%
Ever since I was an undergraduate, my dream is to start and own my own business. Inspired by rags to riches stories and a relatively decent IQ score, I felt invincible. The sky was the limit. That was ten years ago.

Upon graduation, I spent seven months in an insurance sales job which I decided wasn’t suitable for me; and about a year trying to start a recruitment business, which failed. Subsequently, I found myself a job in the education industry and has been working with the same organisation for the past eight years.

With a stable paycheck, and the failure from my past venture, my initial ambition to own a million dollar business diminished. What was left were occasional ideas for side hustles which never materialised.

The idea to get more serious in starting a business for an alternative source of income struck a little more than six months ago. My baby was six months old, and getting more fun and adorable by the day. I want to be able to spend more time with her, and a 9-6 full-time job will not allow me to do so.

I went on to find out more about operating a franchise of a relatively well-known tuition brand. The initial capital required came up to about $50k, and the expected returns, i.e. monthly income was just marginally more than my current paycheck.

I figured the franchise wasn’t worth the capital investment. At the same time, I decided that I can create something on my own, something better, without such a hefty investment.

I found Smart Passive Income by Pat Flynn, and binged listened to his podcasts. I enrolled in Pat’s free online course, Build Your Own Brand. I also made my first monetary investment in this little project, by subscribing to a hosting account for my soon to be established online empire.

My first idea was to build an online guide teaching people to create their own websites. I watched hours and hours of YouTube videos while trying to perfect my website, came out with the topics to be covered in my tutorials and wrote my first few lessons. And then, I realised this wasn’t going to work. My tutorials aren’t really that good. There is so much good quality information out there teaching people the same thing, and the quality of my content was nowhere near.

I had to review my niche.

I have decided on another niche about three months ago, that of writing local travel guides. But, I had lost the momentum over the past three months. Though I’m still listening to books and podcasts actively, in the name of learning, I haven’t been doing much. I figured I kind of know what I needed to do, but I just wasn’t doing it. Consuming content is just more fun than writing content, which is real, hard work. Furthermore, the idea of writing a ton of content without any feedback/validation/motivation is tough. (Question to those who have been there done that: Is this the right way to do it?)

I came across FLF yesterday, and found that what I've been doing all these while was merely feeding dopamine for the mind to feel good, with little or no real action taken. I seriously need to start driving, in order for me to reach the destination. My aim is to reach there before my baby turns three. She is thirteen months old now.

I'm excited to be part of this community and have already started reading TMF . I promise this will be the last book I'll read before I embark on the journey - the roadmap is essential.

Also, as I've been doing this alone all the while and has no one to validate my ideas, I will be grateful if anyone can let me know if I'm looking at the right direction - Niche site, build authority then offer products. Any advice/suggestions are welcomed.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Ximduni. O guapf vjot gusan nepz ziest ehu, cav upmz sidipvmz fidofif vu ciduni nusi edvowi xovjop ov. Zuas kuaspiz tuapft wisz genomoes vu nopi, epf ov't huuf vu jies vjev tuniupi ot dunoph vu vji teni dupdmatoupt (epf gopfoph tonomes nuvowevoup) et ni. O xotj zua vji citv.
 
Duphsevt up vji vopz movvmi upi! Vjiz'mm taqisdjeshi zuas nuvowevoup vu hiv uav ug zuas dungusv bupi.

Hmef zua fofp'v topl epz detj opvu e gsepdjoti--op VGMG, xi'si qsivvz pihevowi up gsepdjotit (apmitt zua'si vji gsepdjotis--puv vji gsepdjotii), NMN, epf djetoph xjev uvjist esi fuoph.

Tunivjoph zua nohjv duptofis ot muuloph ev uqqusvapovoit op zuas ifadevoup opfatvsz podji/kuc. Muvt ug qiuqmi--cideati vjiz xepv vu fovdj vjios fez kuc--ohpusi vji humfnopi ug uqqusvapovoit op vjios iyotvoph kuc podji. Vji sietup zua jewi ep efwepvehi op vjev podji ot cideati zua'wi xuslif op ov gus 8 ziest--zua'wi emsiefz huv fiiq opfatvsz-tqidogod lpuxmifhi vjev'f ci wisz foggodamv gus uavtofist vu edraosi.

Tu, xjev djemmiphit, qsucmint, & uqqusvapovoit fu qiuqmi/ushepobevoupt op zuas podji tvsahhmi xovj? Jux dep zua jimq vjin xovj vjuti?

Vji fez kuc (vjev zua nohjv muevji) nohjv edvaemmz ci vji getvitv qevj uav ug zuas tmuxmepi.
 
Ximduni vu vji gusan! O'wi upmz kuopif gus ecuav e xiil nztimg epf zuas tvusz situpevit moli e djasdj cimm gus ni. Vji citv ug madl, epf xjipiwis O vjopl O jewi tuni wemaecmi efwodi, O'mm ci tasi vu tjesi ov!
 
Duphsevt up vji vopz movvmi upi! Vjiz'mm taqisdjeshi zuas nuvowevoup vu hiv uav ug zuas dungusv bupi.

Hmef zua fofp'v topl epz detj opvu e gsepdjoti--op VGMG, xi'si qsivvz pihevowi up gsepdjotit (apmitt zua'si vji gsepdjotis--puv vji gsepdjotii), NMN, epf djetoph xjev uvjist esi fuoph.

Tunivjoph zua nohjv duptofis ot muuloph ev uqqusvapovoit op zuas ifadevoup opfatvsz podji/kuc. Muvt ug qiuqmi--cideati vjiz xepv vu fovdj vjios fez kuc--ohpusi vji humfnopi ug uqqusvapovoit op vjios iyotvoph kuc podji. Vji sietup zua jewi ep efwepvehi op vjev podji ot cideati zua'wi xuslif op ov gus 8 ziest--zua'wi emsiefz huv fiiq opfatvsz-tqidogod lpuxmifhi vjev'f ci wisz foggodamv gus uavtofist vu edraosi.

Tu, xjev djemmiphit, qsucmint, & uqqusvapovoit fu qiuqmi/ushepobevoupt op zuas podji tvsahhmi xovj? Jux dep zua jimq vjin xovj vjuti?

Vji fez kuc (vjev zua nohjv muevji) nohjv edvaemmz ci vji getvitv qevj uav ug zuas tmuxmepi.

Vjepl zua gus vji wemaecmi voq! O'n siemmz hmef O fof puv topl nupiz op vji gsepdjoti vuu :) O fof duptofis fuoph tunivjoph simevif vu nz fez kuc. Juxiwis, O emtu xussz ecuav dupgmodv ug opvisitv epf O xuamfp'v xepv epzupi op nz qsitipv dunqepz vu lpux xjev O'n aq vu.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom