Hi all!
Reintroducing myself here again after a long time away.
A lot has happened since I first joined the forum and I've made a ton of progress.
I've got married, had kids, bought houses, and advanced my career a lot...
...but that itch of being in control of how to live your own life doesn't go away.
I lurked a lot and didn't post much - disappointed in myself that I missed the opportunity to get transferred into a membership in the new forum update, but that's my own fault.
I love helping people and solving problems, and want to contribute more to this forum that gave me so much valuable advice.
I posted this quote from 'Random Reminiscences of Men and Events' by John D. Rockefeller in my first introduction post, and reading back over it again (from 11 years ago!) it's still just as important to remember so I'll post it here again. It also ties in nicely with the advice from @Andy Black about helping people first and providing value.
"If I were to give advice to a young man starting out in life, I should say to him: If you aim for a large, broad-gauged success, do not begin your business career, whether you sell your labour or are an independent producer, with the idea of getting from the world by hook or crook all you can. In the choice of your profession or your business employment, let your first thought be: Where can I fit in so that I may be most effective in the work of the world? Where can I lend a hand in a way most effectively to advance the general interests?
Enter life in such a spirit, choose your vocation in that way, and you have taken the first step on the highest road to a large success. Investigation will show that the great fortunes which have been made in this country, and the same is probably true of other lands, have come to men who have performed great and far-reaching economic services -- men who, with great faith in the future of their country, have done most for the development of its resources. The man will be most successful who confers the greatest service on the world. Commercial enterprises that are needed by the public will pay. Commercial enterprises that are not needed fail, and ought to fail."
Thanks!
Reintroducing myself here again after a long time away.
A lot has happened since I first joined the forum and I've made a ton of progress.
I've got married, had kids, bought houses, and advanced my career a lot...
...but that itch of being in control of how to live your own life doesn't go away.
I lurked a lot and didn't post much - disappointed in myself that I missed the opportunity to get transferred into a membership in the new forum update, but that's my own fault.
I love helping people and solving problems, and want to contribute more to this forum that gave me so much valuable advice.
I posted this quote from 'Random Reminiscences of Men and Events' by John D. Rockefeller in my first introduction post, and reading back over it again (from 11 years ago!) it's still just as important to remember so I'll post it here again. It also ties in nicely with the advice from @Andy Black about helping people first and providing value.
"If I were to give advice to a young man starting out in life, I should say to him: If you aim for a large, broad-gauged success, do not begin your business career, whether you sell your labour or are an independent producer, with the idea of getting from the world by hook or crook all you can. In the choice of your profession or your business employment, let your first thought be: Where can I fit in so that I may be most effective in the work of the world? Where can I lend a hand in a way most effectively to advance the general interests?
Enter life in such a spirit, choose your vocation in that way, and you have taken the first step on the highest road to a large success. Investigation will show that the great fortunes which have been made in this country, and the same is probably true of other lands, have come to men who have performed great and far-reaching economic services -- men who, with great faith in the future of their country, have done most for the development of its resources. The man will be most successful who confers the greatest service on the world. Commercial enterprises that are needed by the public will pay. Commercial enterprises that are not needed fail, and ought to fail."
Thanks!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
