The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So I was wondering how to become a Count...

NerdSmasher

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 31, 2007
Mostly because I wondered what they were; and if someone even could become one anymore. Anyway, I came across this site: Royal Titles: Become a Lord or Lady today.

Apparently, according to the site, it is possible to become any of these:

• a Lord or Lady
  • a Baron or Baroness
  • a Count or Countess
  • a Marquis or Marchioness
  • a Duke or Duchess
  • a Viscount or Viscountess
  • a Earl or Sir
And, you'll get special V.I.P. treatment for having the added prefix, which will also be put on credit cards and such. Very amusing, I must say.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
If you are creative with a reason, you can legally change your name to something like that. Perhaps a Sir <>. (Saying Sir is chinese prefix in the family passed down)

BUT WHY DO IT?! You are going to get more people mad than welcoming because of flaunting

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Nerdsmasher, hilarious link:
Send me 400 bucks (OK, $197) and I'll send you info on how to get a title!" :)

Rawr,

It's like I talked about in my car story.

When you place importance on status/what others think of you, you seriously limit your success.

Lord/ladyship is nothing more than a "toy".

This is the whole reason most Americans are in debt up to their eyeballs, and have a negative net worth: They want to *look* like they have money. :smug2:

I'd rather have money, and not look like I have it. :smx2:

A simple choice, really.

-Russ H.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Russ, you are absolutely right. I believe MJ once put it well as people displaying the "facade of success"

Is it just our nature that wants us to peacock? I mean why is it so hard to choose a smart thing (investing, savings) over a dumb thing (new car, expensive watch) as soon as you get some $$

NerdSmasher

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 31, 2007
Thanks Russ! I thought so too, haha

I just thought the dramatic title would be amusing to have; but I was looking for how to actually get it, not buy it. Like, getting knighted would be really, really cool - I didn't know if a Count had anything similar... apparently not...

Oh well, maybe I will get knighted someday, since that's something that's actually able to be done. We'll see :)

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
I met an Italian Count once, his title was passed down quite a long ways.

The real ones have an amazing amount of money, this guy flew in his own jet.

Ward

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 13, 2008
My father used to always want to buy some sort of title - but never did. I have a few times considered doing so in his honor - but since I'm female I can't get any of the titles he would have wanted.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 1, 2012
Slovenia
Dear Ward !!!!!

Your father can buy himself a title, but it"s very expensive...and, if success buying himself a "count" title...if you are only child of your father and your mother die also, you automaticly become a "countess" cause your father"s title. no metter, if you a girl.
Yours : Count Monte Cristo.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.