The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So grateful to find this community

Viktor Illyrion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Mar 4, 2019
Hi Everybody!

First of all thank you MJ DeMarco for writing these awesome books. They have so many valuable information and they´re also entertaining in the same time.

I am Viktor, a freelancer cameraman, so not an entrepreneur or anything. The main reason I joined this forum is because I agree so much with the author on value creating and helping others. This is why I want to starting something new. Maybe it is also a selfish reason from me because when I think back, I was always the happiest when I could help others. So in the end it makes me feel good as well. What are your thoughts on that?

There are two things I could possibly offer to people:
1. Social Anxiety, coaching people who are struggling with it
2. Writing a Novel

Here is the longer explanation:
1. Coach to overcome Social Anxiety.
After reading the Millionaire Fastlane , I realized that this idea is violating the Commandment of Time and Scale as well. There is a limit of how many people I can help in a given week or a month.
Actually reading the books (Fastlane/Unscripted ) is the reason I didn´t start to execute this project. It is entirely theoretical at this point.
Why I considered this a good idea, because I have friends and many acquaintances who are struggling with Social Anxiety every day. It prevents them to reach their full potentials. I had this problem when I was a young adult and I went through this and know how bad it can be sometimes. After years of hard work I actually overcame it and nowadays people can´t believe me when I tell them that once how miserable I was. And so many strangers I see in the city everyday, people looking totally isolated and unhappy. You can see it on their faces. For example I always try to make cashiers smile, crack a joke or just asking how they´re doing to make them feel better.
I am really interested what are your thoughts on this idea. Actually I hate the word "Coach" because nowadays it feels like that almost every second person is somekind of a "coach". In a not english speaking country "coach" sound a little like a "show off". And there are so many annoying ones.

2. Writing a Novel
This is not an idea anymore because I already executing. Writing almost every day.
The story, the plot points and twists are all laid out.
It should be a fast paced fantasy novel, similarly to Dan Brown´s style.

When you go to a bookstore and start to read the back covers of fantasy novels, then soon you will recognize the clichees and patterns.

It feels like most of the authors want to build these huge worlds with own races, languages, cultures and lore but there are already too many exist of these worlds. It doesn´t matter how detailed the world is when the story is just not great. Or they wrote something what really resembles "Game of Thrones" (The Song of Ice and Fire). The books are mostly really thick, and they´re neverending Sagas. When you start to read one, you get overloaded with so many information in the beginning already, that it is really exhausting.
Please visit a bookstore and check the fantasy backcovers and you will probably read about the followings:
- Assassins
- Throne
- Heir
- Emperor/Empress
- Enemies (always from the Nord)
- Powerful Dynasties/Families
- Invading Orcs/Northmen/etc.
- Disciples/Apprentices

There are just too many clichés.

I wanted to write a book which is different from those. Not the usual stuff.
For other Authors here is a book recommendation: "The Bestseller Code - Jodie Archer, Matthew L. Jockers"
This book helped me to start writing my own story. It is basically about a computer program which analyzed the Bestseller books of the past several decades, and it found a LOT of similarities what all the Bestsellers had in common. In the book the authors also wrote about why the Non-Bestsellers failed. It is really interesting.

I understand that writing a book is not really a business but at least I am doing it.

Sorry for this long introduction

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome, @Viktor Illyrion.

Thanks for the great intro!
Looks like you got it planned out. Looking forward to hear more about your progress in the coming days!

On social anxiety, yes, it is indeed an issue that still has a lot of room to offer help for.
It may be helpful to get some formal certifications, if you'd want to provide therapy sessions for that.

Viktor Illyrion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Mar 4, 2019
Welcome, @Viktor Illyrion.

Thanks for the great intro!
Looks like you got it planned out. Looking forward to hear more about your progress in the coming days!

On social anxiety, yes, it is indeed an issue that still has a lot of room to offer help for.
It may be helpful to get some formal certifications, if you'd want to provide therapy sessions for that.

Thank you ZF Lee!
A certification is a good idea. Probably pscyhologist doing those therapies. Without a degree I will probably get the Impostor syndrome.
I was thinking about going out with the person and show real examples in every day life. Like a "wingman". Have you seen Crazy, Stupid Love? In that movie the character played by Ryan Gosling teaches the other character (Steve Carell) how to be good with women. Well in this case it´s not about women but socializing.
But this way it´s violates the Commandment of time really hard.
Well maybe it look like planned out but only on paper.

Where can I found what you are doing? Sorry for the lame question, I am still figuring out how everything works in this forum.

Viktor Illyrion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Mar 4, 2019
Maybe you can start a Youtube channel or make feature/short films on social anxiety?

That might work, thank you! What I not yet know how to turn that into a business. I need to find that out.

What is your project Abundant Man?

Viktor Illyrion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Mar 4, 2019
I just realized that the thread title is grammatically incorrect. Probably

Viktor Illyrion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Mar 4, 2019
Can somebody give me some insights about doing two project in the same time? Is that possible?
Because mostly I read that you should focus on one thing all the time. Probably I need to decide what path to take and what to ignore.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Can somebody give me some insights about doing two project in the same time? Is that possible?
Because mostly I read that you should focus on one thing all the time. Probably I need to decide what path to take and what to ignore.
5am-Project 1
6am-Project 2

You have 24 hours a day. Kaizen effect is doing 1% a day. It's compound interest eventually it'll grow.

Or you can work on project 1 for all of Monday then work on Project 2 all of Tuesday.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Where can I found what you are doing? Sorry for the lame question, I am still figuring out how everything works in this forum.

For now, I'm just doing Upwork freelancing.

Not exactly Fastlane, but just to get some cash and learn up fundamental business skills.

There's a lot of discussion in this area at the moment. @Lex DeVille just opened a new thread on that.

NOTABLE! - Lex DeVille's 2019 Step-By-Step Upwork Tutorial for Brokeass Bootstrap Beginners Who Need Cash Now!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Viktor, appreciate the intro.

If you're just looking for traction or a side income, you can do both. The one that grabs, that's the one I'd focus on.

Viktor Illyrion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Mar 4, 2019
5am-Project 1
6am-Project 2

You have 24 hours a day. Kaizen effect is doing 1% a day. It's compound interest eventually it'll grow.

Or you can work on project 1 for all of Monday then work on Project 2 all of Tuesday.

Now I am finished with Unscripted and the Kaizen effect was meintioned towards the end. I didn´t hear about this before but now it´s clear. Great tip, I´ll definitely try it.

Viktor Illyrion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Mar 4, 2019

Viktor Illyrion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Mar 4, 2019

If you're just looking for traction or a side income, you can do both. The one that grabs, that's the one I'd focus on.

I couldn´t have expected any better response. Thank you MJ DeMarco!

Viktor Illyrion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Mar 4, 2019
Should I start a new thread about the project I am doing? In the execution part?

And what does the red eye symbol means?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...