The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SMS gateway/API

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
is anyone here aware of any? if so, please do let me know. thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
okay, i found one, but they are sooooo expensive.

to send 1000 text messages will cost around $60 a month. Wow, and if I need to send 20,000+ I will be looking at $1200. If anyone know of any cheaper provider do let me know.

I'm guessing that I'm going to have to get some old cell phones, hack em, rig em up and roll my own text messaging gateway. this is gonna be fun and interesting.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
Have you looked into twilio.com They offer an SMS api for $0.03 per SMS.

no, but that's still too expensive. 1000messages for $30. i can get cell phones with unlimited text messaging plans for $40-$50. that i will do, hook up to the computer and put together my own SMS gateway, that way i can send 10,000 if i want to, and if i need more, hook up a few more phones. way cheaper. 0.03 per SMS is just highway robbery. it probably costs them 0.00001 per message.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange?

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Jan 11, 2010
Mmm...I've thought of this, too. I think it could be fastlane to get subscribers for SMS info.

If you don't mind sharing, what's your plan?

lightstrikefl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Feb 14, 2008
West Palm Beach, Fl
Since its seems like you are comfortable hacking/programming this might be of some help.
semi-blog.com/2010/01/startup-in-7-days-day-six-sms-gateway/
Gives some instructions on how to build a SMS gateway for a web app.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.