Hello All!
First off, I want to give a huge thanks to MJ for writing TMF and creating a forum with a great culture. It's changed the way I think.
I've been a member of the forum for a few months, but recently upgraded to INSIDERS, so I'll reintroduce myself.
I'm 22, in college studying math and computer science, and just finished my second-to-last semester (graduating in May). Going to work for a tech startup in Boston once I graduate, which I'm super excited about! I plan out using the startup experience to launch my own software company.
While still in school, I'm currently developing a web application with few other college friends. We're using the break between semesters to do a lot of the dev work. I hope to send out field reports of my progress on this project.
I've found two things to my progress so far:
1) Goal Setting
Before this semester started I wrote down 7 things I would accomplish before the winter break. It gave me FOCUS. I don't think I would have gotten as much done if I hadn't made this initial list.
2) Cardio Workouts
Alternating between running and biking six times a week has given me awesome energy and confidence.
I'm planning on adding "mental workouts" to my routine. By that, I mean instead of reading a personal development or finance book in the morning, solving hard math and logic puzzles. I think reading can sometimes be too passive. Anyone else do stuff like this?
First off, I want to give a huge thanks to MJ for writing TMF and creating a forum with a great culture. It's changed the way I think.
I've been a member of the forum for a few months, but recently upgraded to INSIDERS, so I'll reintroduce myself.
I'm 22, in college studying math and computer science, and just finished my second-to-last semester (graduating in May). Going to work for a tech startup in Boston once I graduate, which I'm super excited about! I plan out using the startup experience to launch my own software company.
While still in school, I'm currently developing a web application with few other college friends. We're using the break between semesters to do a lot of the dev work. I hope to send out field reports of my progress on this project.
I've found two things to my progress so far:
1) Goal Setting
Before this semester started I wrote down 7 things I would accomplish before the winter break. It gave me FOCUS. I don't think I would have gotten as much done if I hadn't made this initial list.
2) Cardio Workouts
Alternating between running and biking six times a week has given me awesome energy and confidence.
I'm planning on adding "mental workouts" to my routine. By that, I mean instead of reading a personal development or finance book in the morning, solving hard math and logic puzzles. I think reading can sometimes be too passive. Anyone else do stuff like this?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
