The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Smartmoney's beginnings

smartmoney

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 1, 2013
New England, USA
Hello All!

First off, I want to give a huge thanks to MJ for writing TMF and creating a forum with a great culture. It's changed the way I think.

I've been a member of the forum for a few months, but recently upgraded to INSIDERS, so I'll reintroduce myself.

I'm 22, in college studying math and computer science, and just finished my second-to-last semester (graduating in May). Going to work for a tech startup in Boston once I graduate, which I'm super excited about! I plan out using the startup experience to launch my own software company.

While still in school, I'm currently developing a web application with few other college friends. We're using the break between semesters to do a lot of the dev work. I hope to send out field reports of my progress on this project.

I've found two things to my progress so far:
1) Goal Setting
Before this semester started I wrote down 7 things I would accomplish before the winter break. It gave me FOCUS. I don't think I would have gotten as much done if I hadn't made this initial list.

2) Cardio Workouts
Alternating between running and biking six times a week has given me awesome energy and confidence.

I'm planning on adding "mental workouts" to my routine. By that, I mean instead of reading a personal development or finance book in the morning, solving hard math and logic puzzles. I think reading can sometimes be too passive. Anyone else do stuff like this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.