The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Slow-laner seeking freedom

trylks

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 4, 2020
Europe
I have just finished the Millionaire Fastlane and will start Unscripted next. I am closer to 40 years old than to 35. I prefer to limit the personal information that I disclose, because:
  1. I may need slow lane jobs to survive now or in the future, and
  2. The thought police of human resources may think that:
    1. I should think only about how to make customers happy and stakeholders richer, not about entrepreneurship.
    2. If anything, I should be more focused on "ownership", maybe even "intrapreneurship", taking risks with big downside and no upside.
    3. If I value my time, then I am not a good employee, and they should choose someone else.
I would not blame them, it is probably true. My main focus is on freeing my time, while good employees may be focused on making CEOs happy and get a bonus, a raise, or even a promotion.

I have never taken the risk of going fast lane for two reasons:
  1. Impact on my CV, for the most likely return to the slow lane. I am not in a terrible place in the slow lane, I would rather not fall to the sidewalk.
  2. Could not see opportunities with a reasonable entry barrier, i.e. to do moonlighting. You cannot play lottery if you cannot find where to buy your tickets. I am slowly improving at this.
"Two" clarifications:
  1. I am aiming for decent money (just enough to survive) but as passive as possible. Sorry for the disappointment.
    1. When I can free my time, I can put 80 hours weeks on going fast lane.
    2. If that fails, I can keep trying with something else, as long as I have time provided by my greatly-passive decent-money.
    3. If I cannot keep trying, I failed. I made a treasonous choice; I prefer the "risk of ruin" concept, often found in the ergodicity context.
    4. I am not waiting, I am working in that direction. In my 20s I waited, and that may have been my greatest mistake ever.
    5. I know that I am not going to hit big money without leaving the slow lane, but I am not aiming for that at this moment.
  2. I am just introducing myself, with some possibly unusual clarifications.
    1. I am not providing advice in any other point other than this one. I could try to make a content business out of that, but:
      1. If content is coming from similar content and only allows creating similar content, it is too similar to a Ponzi scheme. In general you should try to avoid Ponzi schemes.
      2. If you ever feel like giving money to some random anonymous guy to tell you what you can read in the millionaire fastlane , unscripted , and some other books (which may be not as good, but still contain something useful) in a comprehensive, concise, concrete, and consistent way, let me know and look no further. Just joking.
    2. I am not asking for advice, this is not something I thought today while having coffee. Nevertheless, advice is always welcome, the worst thing that may happen for both of us is that I ignore it.
I am happy to be here, and do not worry, I am more interested in making than talking, i.e. I will not be pestering you over here too much.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...