The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Slow Lane Software Dev

LoadsOfMoney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Sep 4, 2016
UK
Hi,

I am Chris a 46 year old freelance software developer that has been doing the same thing for almost 20 years.

What have I got to show for it? Loads of consumer crap, designer clothes a BMW and the most debt I have ever had in my life (mostly mortgage).

I earn about 5 times the average wage so have a good lifestyle but I am bad with money. There have been many attempts at a passive income, mainly buying courses, books and listening to Podcasts. At one point I created an affiliate website and paid for advertising only to be screwed over by the merchant so gave that up.

Now my big plan is to do what tens of thousands of other people are doing is to import from China and sell on Amazon. So time to buy another course! :O)

Anyhow I dusted off my copy of The Fast Lane and read it (listened to it again) and now I am here, ready to soak up the information.

BTW LoadsOfMoney was a comedy character in the UK a plasterer that boasted about his wad!

Cheers

Chris

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Michael Clark

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Aug 22, 2016
Scotland
Appears to be lots of Software Developers around these forums - it's refreshing to see. I'm a new member, also a Software Dev, though getting paid nowhere near as much as you by the sounds of things.

I was considering buying from China as well, it will be interesting to see if you make a success of it. My other alternative was to build a HR system or something along those lines - but the market is FULL of that shit.

I wish you every success.

Michael

LoadsOfMoney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Sep 4, 2016
UK
Appears to be lots of Software Developers around these forums - it's refreshing to see. I'm a new member, also a Software Dev, though getting paid nowhere near as much as you by the sounds of things.

I was considering buying from China as well, it will be interesting to see if you make a success of it. My other alternative was to build a HR system or something along those lines - but the market is FULL of that shit.

I wish you every success.

Michael

You would be up against the likes of Oracle and SAP, I think money can be made with software but it is like with all things finding the niche.
Rate wise I do well because I contract and have been doing that for 17 years (3 years in a permanent job), it is worth considering. It will give you more disposable income and you can invest the money tax free into business ventures.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...