The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Skillset

Idea threads

pamar2005

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Feb 20, 2023
Hi everyone, just saw a video on YouTube. It basically says that you can have the most brilliant business idea in the world, but still don't have success unless you posses this skill: sales. I know there are a lot of people that are very doubtful on the level of education they have to achieve before building their first business, so is there any particular skill or book that are absolutely necessary before opening a business?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Assuming you like, and perhaps play, basketball judging by your picture - what book did you read to learn the skills you need before picking up a ball for the first time?

Or did you just pick up the ball and adjust from there?

The answer is the same to your question.

You don't know what you need to learn next as you have not started.

Dan

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Hi everyone, just saw a video on YouTube. It basically says that you can have the most brilliant business idea in the world, but still don't have success unless you posses this skill: sales. I know there are a lot of people that are very doubtful on the level of education they have to achieve before building their first business, so is there any particular skill or book that are absolutely necessary before opening a business?
Heya!
What Stargazer said is completely true, however if you were like me and genuinely (somehow) didn't understand "Sales", I'd recommend the following video series
View: https://youtu.be/-mzk_KJyFyw

You don't have to watch everything, heck just one video would be enough (or none if you already know what "Sales" is).
Either way, this series itself taught me quite a bit!
Oh and it's also why I started on my side hustle.

pamar2005

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Feb 20, 2023
Assuming you like, and perhaps play, basketball judging by your picture - what book did you read to learn the skills you need before picking up a ball for the first time?

Or did you just pick up the ball and adjust from there?

The answer is the same to your question.

You don't know what you need to learn next as you have not started.

Dan
Man you left me speechless !! Great analogy, thank you so much.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.