The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Skills

Idea threads

Shino13i

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 26, 2022
I don't know if I should build a skill in writing or coding in the next 6 months. Dead broke, so right now I'm looking for a foundation job. I have a story in mind for the writing , when it comes to coding it's mostly a money choice. But I'm still stumped on which skill deserves my time

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
I don't know if I should build a skill in writing or coding in the next 6 months. Dead broke, so right now I'm looking for a foundation job. I have a story in mind for the writing , when it comes to coding it's mostly a money choice. But I'm still stumped on which skill deserves my time
Start with writing skills. Then when you start learning coding you can write about coding and use these parts to write a learning course or e-book you can sell.

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
638%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Fix your financial situation by finding work, and saving a part of your paycheck (to invest in the markets + fastlane)

What are you trying to achieve with building up a writing or coding skill? What does 'a story in mind' mean - you want to become a writer?

Acquire skills based on what you are trying to accomplish, not on what you feel is 'right'. Are there opportunities and need you are seeing in the market that will be helped or solved with the skills you build up?

milanr_97

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Apr 19, 2022
As someone who's asked the same question of myself previously, I'd say go with writing.

It seems you're already leaning towards this choice naturally if you've thought of something to get stuck into for it. I tried to start learning how to code but just found I wasn't really interested in it at all and the idea of it being a (potentially) profitable skill wasn't enough to keep me at it!

Hope you're able to reach a decision that's right for you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.