The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Site: Google.. Strange amount of pages indexed on Google.. Experience anyone?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Marcel1986

On a trip in the fastlane....
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jul 8, 2009
World citizen living in Spain / Germany
I have a webpage where´s unser generated content added daily.
Two Pages, one is the copy of another, the only difference is the language ( German & English )
Databases are separated so google should look at the pages like 2 complete independend which have nothing to do with each other.

My Problem:
For the german page there are more and more single pages indexed
( if i type in on Google Search: "site:mypage.de" -> result 15k + indexed pages and rising regularely
for the englisch one "site:mypage.com" -> result stays at 700 and no mayor changes.

Content on the German site is 2 times the English so there should be indexed arounf 7500 instead of 700..

Anybody had the same problem ? Me and my programmer have no ideas.. They say everything is 1:1 the same ( sitemaps etc )

Thanks a lot for any tip :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
I'm not an expert on this stuff, but it might be because google views some of the pages as duplicate content or considers the pages low quality. Are there many people linking to these pages? Have you tried submitting the pages to google (via the webmaster tools or whatever it's called)?

You'd be better to post this question in the open forum, I don't think it really needs to be on the inside.

Marcel1986

Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jul 8, 2009
I'm not an expert on this stuff, but it might be because google views some of the pages as duplicate content or considers the pages low quality. Are there many people linking to these pages? Have you tried submitting the pages to google (via the webmaster tools or whatever it's called)?

You'd be better to post this question in the open forum, I don't think it really needs to be on the inside.

Yeah i was thinking bout that duplicate content stuff too but as there are two databases and one content is english one german i think that couldn´t be.
Content DE and EN is very similar so it makes no sense that they rate one that low quality compared to the other.
But i´m sure it has to be something in this direction. Maybe just one little idea to fix it as so many things in life..!!
Thanks for your input.

And you´re right maybe some of the Mods can move it to
Internet / Mobile Apps / Software
on the public section. Thx

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
Is it possible that there are more people linking to the EN sites rather than the DE ones? That may impact the ratings despite the content being similar.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Marcel1986

Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jul 8, 2009
There´s sligthly more traffic on the DE, but i think not many people linking on the site for now as it´s relatively new..
So links are very few and should be more or less the same.
I also emailed Google but not sure if i get a satisfying answer from them :/

MVDH

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jul 29, 2012
Cairns, Australia
Marcel1986 - I have bumped into this issue on a number of occasions. First of all, it's probably important to discard the "Site:" command for now, what you should focus on is what is in Google Webmaster Tools (FYI - also install Bing Webmaster Tools and compare the two).

From there you should be able to figure out what the actual indexation of your xml sitemaps are. If the numbers don't add up, find out if all the pages in your XML sitemap are indexed.. Find out if any of the URLs in your XML sitemaps return anything but a 200 header status (since Google won't generally crawl/index pages from sitemaps that return a non-200 header status).

Generally, playing around with that could give you your answers... if it doesn't, I suggest you do some analysis on your server logs, find out where Google is spending it's time crawling.. what level of your site... etc.

If you get stuck anywhere, feel free to add me on Skype mike.vanderheijden

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.