The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Single Parenthood is for FOOLS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonaahfire

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Sep 6, 2017
north hollywood, california
Hello Everyone,

Just now getting my life together after raising a kid for the past 17 years. Meeting his father was the worst mistake I have ever made in my life, because, here I am in my mid 30's broke and in-debt behind raising my kid alone and trying to make a life for us despite his father being the a**hole he is. Well, the kid turned out to be an ungrateful a$$ that didn't fall too far from the tree ( sperm donor) he came from and I refuse to let either one of those f*&ks win. I am going to have the life I should have and would have had had I not met that man and had his baby! This fact, coupled with coming from pure financial ignorance anyhow I had no chance! I had this book in my audio library and kindle reader for at least 5 years and just this year, as I resolved to get out of debt, finally listened to it after hearing this jerk at my gym I don't like swear by it. I was like "Hey, I have that book, I should open it up if this jerk has read it. Can't let him one up me." Well all I can say is wow!!! It highlighted all the mistakes I have made in life in the pursuit of becoming wealthy and how I can fix them! It has given me hope that even though I'm in my mid 30's it's not too late to turn things around and become the billionaire I hope to be someday. Truth be told, I don't care about the billions, but I do know that I need to be a multi-millionaire for the life I want in the next 20 years, and this will help me to make up for lost time. I never had another kid, so I am preparing for a life of travel and investment in my 40's. It's like I can have a second chance if I do it right. Thank you so much for writing this book!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Ah.. hm.. yeah.

Sounds like you have a lot of pent up anger and possibly a i'm the victim mindset going on. This guys a jerk, this kid is worthless, etc etc etc. A bunch of me me me.

To ensure that you aren't just another person that comes on the forum, says you'll make a change, then never comes back, read all the gold threads first. Find a way to provide value to people. Then do it. There you go, that's your secret.

Also, don't do this to prove anything to anyone but your self.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Good advice above. Read all the gold threads. I wish I did that first to save some of my more embarrassing posts and threads lol. I hope you stick around long enough to see where you are going wrong. You may get a bit of stick for this post, but tough love is the best love sometimes ;) roll with it and learn from it.

I can kind of understand the frustration, my sister was a single parent to two young children after splitting up with her partner. Tough gig and she suffered baaaaaadly from the victim mindset and alienated everyone trying to help her. Once she snapped out of that, she found a lot of peace and the floodgates opened to an absolute tonne of good things happening in her life.
Forget talking about millions or billions and travel/investment. Try meditation or something and clear your head first.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Sounds like you have a lot of pent up anger and possibly a i'm the victim mindset going on.

I didn't read it that way.

It seemed like she was taking ownership of the mistakes she made.

Obviously there's a lot of emotion there still. That, and a massive wall of text, can make it difficult to interpret what's actually going on.

@Jonaahfire I hope you stick around and create a new life for yourself.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
Any chance your kid turned out that way because that's what you expected from him/her? The language you use to describe your child ("The kid") is telling. Maybe your kid served as a reminder of the guy you hated and you took your anger out on the wrong person?

You were responsible for raising this child for 17 years, and yet it's the father you blame for how he/she turned out. But he wasn't there, right?. Do you think that's totally fair?

Take some responsibility first if you want to succeed in anything.

PersistentlyHungry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Mar 25, 2017
Israel
Any chance your kid turned out that way because that's what you expected from him/her? The language you use to describe your child ("The kid") is telling. Maybe your kid served as a reminder of the guy you hated and you took your anger out on the wrong person?

You were responsible for raising this child for 17 years, and yet it's the father you blame for how he/she turned out. But he wasn't there, right?. Do you think that's totally fair?

Take some responsibility first if you want to succeed in anything.

@Jonaahfire Welcome to the forum!

I feel your pain, and I can only imagine how difficult this situation must feel.
That being said - Owning the situation, as suggested above - will empower you, and grant you the control you need to get into the driver seat of your life and start steering it to your desired destination.
The sooner you get there, the better.
Anger can be a powerful motivator if used correctly - make sure you do.

Hope to see your progress soon :)

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Any chance your kid turned out that way because that's what you expected from him/her?
Bingo. Gratitude is something that is learned. If your kid was never taught gratitude, how can you expect him to be grateful?

Everybody has a part to play. Own it. Be empowered by it.

It's none of our business, however you did mention it here out in public.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum. Do read ALL of the GOLD threads as the others said and consider reading Unscripted as it will tie some loose ends together.

Take some action! You clearly have a fighting spirit. Put that to good use!

PickOcean

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Aug 10, 2017
ohio
I have to jump in here about the kid...
My Five children have taught me, you raise them but they decide how they want to live.
As teenagers, did we listen to our folks, or do things they said not to do?
Why would Our children be any different?

Jonaahfire

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Sep 6, 2017
Can't say I do not agree with you. I very much so do have a lot of anger. Rightfully so. Playing the victim, however? I don't think so. I am no one's victim in any situation dear. Just explaining the road that lead me to the book. Also, could care less how ANYONE feels about my negative feelings; their mine. Not yours, not hers, mine. And guess what?? I can feel how I want to feel about anything on this planet whether that is a negative or postive emotion or whether it leaves me feeling like the hero or "victim" as you put it. That is the cool thing about being human, you are NOT required to care about how or feel the same way people feel or think about how you operate based on your emotions. Because guess what, while I was playing " Victim" I still came across life changing info:) :) :). And since you are one of those people who likes to add words into people's mouths that they did not say.... I am proving NOTHING TO ANYONE but myself. As stated, I am on a new chapter and second life. I have no one from my past included in this NOR do I care what they think. Good day sir.

P.S. Also, how can one have a lot of pent up anger AND be a victim??? Think about that for a moment you contradicting dumb a$$....

@Ravens_Shadow

Last edited:

Jonaahfire

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Sep 6, 2017
OMG. I love how everyone has an opinion about HOW TO RAISE KIDS as if there is a damn manual on the subject that works for EVERYONE> Thank you for showing me to keep my mouth SHUT about what leads me to read certain books and just comment on what it has done for me in a positive way. Good luck with your FIVE kids. I am trying SOOOOOO hard not to call you the idiot I really think you are for making that mistake more than once as I am really trying to keep it about MONEY in this forum. How do you have time to talk to someone in a forum anyway that is not centered around Serial Breeders and tips on raising your litter??? Shouldn't you be changing diapers or helping Sally with her first period or something???

@PickOcean

Last edited:

Jonaahfire

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Sep 6, 2017
Spoken like a true person who HAS NO TEENAGERS. Also, who the F*ck said I was sitting on my a$$ ???? Fyi: I left out my education as I did not want to be boastful. However, let me put this on front street THIS INVESTMENT IS THE MAIN REASON I HAVE AMASSED MOST OF MY DEBT! So, I have been "TAKING ACTION" you a$$. Just as I told one person who responded to this post.... Stop assuming and thinking you know more than what is placed in front of you. You really make an a$$ of yourself when you assume.

@Thoelt53

Last edited:

Jonaahfire

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Sep 6, 2017
@Jonaahfire Welcome to the forum!

I feel your pain, and I can only imagine how difficult this situation must feel.
That being said - Owning the situation, as suggested above - will empower you, and grant you the control you need to get into the driver seat of your life and start steering it to your desired destination.
The sooner you get there, the better.
Anger can be a powerful motivator if used correctly - make sure you do.

Hope to see your progress soon :)

Right, I thought that is what I was doing, but someone on this post just told me I was playing "VICTIM" lmao. I will make sure to keep what brought me here to myself next time. People always think they have the answers for your life like they are not screwed up and have all their ducks in a row with every facet of life; if this were the case you would not be in a forum talking to me! I could care less what anyone thinks about the way I feel. I thought this forum was about MONEY??? You focus on the wrong thing people!

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
#landfill

Last edited:
G

Guest24480

No need to get so defensive, people took time out of their day to respond to you and were trying to help.

If you're not a troll, I would suggest sorting out your emotional hangups before proceeding. You WILL fail if you don't.

The forum is about money on the surface, but money is about so much more than just money which is why you got the responses you did.

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
lol, OP might be on the wrong forum, there's a site dedicated for ranting and bitching about life - reddit.com

Jonaahfire

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Sep 6, 2017
Let's turn this thread back to money.

You said you have a plan. What is it?

Not one for divulging the nuts and bolts as I do not like to let my right hand know what my left hand is up to; and now that I see people like to take your stories, criticize, and twist your words here in these forums I definitely won't be getting too into my personal anymore. These people just happily reminded me of why I usually keep my mouth shut on that issue anyway.... I also just got really vulgar with them lol and if I say what I hold in terms of education it would hold little merit here now lol. Let's just say I am in the IT field as a newly minted IT Project Manager with many degrees and certifications to back me up. Now is the time to put them to work as I have been a full-time student for 6 years and the fast lane just showed me how to think BEYOND and EXPAND on this knowledge like I never have before. I feel like another veil has been removed. Soon. I will be there for sure. I am starting $80 a year minimum at any company I go to. Nice seed money for any business venture I hope to start on my own you ask me.

Jonaahfire

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Sep 6, 2017
No need to get so defensive, people took time out of their day to respond to you and were trying to help.

If you're not a troll, I would suggest sorting out your emotional hangups before proceeding. You WILL fail if you don't.

The forum is about money on the surface, but money is about so much more than just money which is why you got the responses you did.
LMAO. I could give a F*ck less what you took the time out of your day to do.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
people like to take your stories, criticize, and twist your words here in these forums

FWIW, I think it's because your posts are hard to read. You should put a paragraph every couple of sentences, it really helps for someone to comprehend what your typing/tapping. I interpreted your first post one way. Others interpreted in the opposite way.

I definitely won't be getting too into my personal anymore.
I think this a good practice, in general.

Nice seed money for any business venture I hope to start on my own you ask me.

That's good. It's much easier to start a business when the bills are covered and then some.

Start working now on figuring out what that new venture might be. The excitement you feel after completing The Millionaire Fastlane will wear off if you don't put it's principles into action.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
This thread is amazing! :clap:: :rofl:

$pendi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 7, 2017
Miami
Holy shit. Have you ever been on a forum before? A public setting? Mind your manners! You're talking to other people-not robots. This isn't your local therapy session. You clearly need some xanax or something mate.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Holy shit. Have you ever been on a forum before? A public setting? Mind your manners! You're talking to other people-not robots. This isn't your local therapy session. You clearly need some xanax or something mate.

Yeah, she was outta line.

So were the couple of folks earlier taking jabs at her parenting skills, based on the context of one paragraph.

So were you by suggesting she needs to be on drugs.

Overall, this thread is a poor representation of what this forum should be.

$pendi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 7, 2017
Miami
Yeah, she was outta line.

So were the couple of folks earlier taking jabs at her parenting skills, based on the context of one paragraph.

So were you by suggesting she needs to be on drugs.

Overall, this thread is a poor representation of what this forum should be.
Agreed. I just got a little fired up from the way she's talking to people. This thread is just completely unnecessary and should be dumped

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Agreed. I just got a little fired up from the way she's talking to people. This thread is just completely unnecessary and should be dumped

#landfill

:smile2:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
This thread is amazing! :clap:: :rofl:
Hehehe....yeah right!
Popcorn out!

No, back to seriousness.....
@Jonaahfire, I am the son of a single mother, and to term your son as ungrateful would be to insult all the work you put into him.

Same goes for your efforts with your ex partner. Although he might be an a$$, I don't think your time with him was a total shit.

Even if they do not give you the due credits, are you going to return the same evil favour to them? By having a husband and a son, although it's been stormy, you have proven yourself capable of giving value to their lives.

In your struggles as a single mother, I know it is F*cking lonely. No one to watch your back. I had to watch my mother cry night after night after the break up and go to friends for help. I was exposed to many thing...becoming an ear to listen to stuff normally reserved for adults. Heck, I myself was affected. To lose the security of a bond between my parents was like being termed a criminal.

But she found her way. She became a teacher, and later did some sales. Although I don't agree with her on everything, I respect how she has stood firm for me and how she never, ever thought of me as a liability.

Even to my dad or her ex...she brought him lots of health products and even raised his son to not demand so much of him like some spoilt kids today. Still maintain respectable contact.

I am not supposed to talk about this. But I think that your son needs help. By extension, by helping you see through things, you can be a better person for him. I don't think he acts like that out of intentional malice. He might have been hurt by the break up even worse than you.

The Fastlane is not about vengeance towards those who are ungrateful to you. It is not about wealth although it leads to wealth. It is about recognising that every struggle and failure has something for you to make into a success. In other words, a process.

Please reconsider your opinions. It will not be easy going Fastlane with a lot of hate.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Can't say I do not agree with you. I very much so do have a lot of anger. Rightfully so. Playing the victim, however? I don't think so. I am no one's victim in any situation dear. Just explaining the road that lead me to the book. Also, could care less how ANYONE feels about my negative feelings; their mine. Not yours, not hers, mine. And guess what?? I can feel how I want to feel about anything on this planet whether that is a negative or postive emotion or whether it leaves me feeling like the hero or "victim" as you put it. That is the cool thing about being human, you are NOT required to care about how or feel the same way people feel or think about how you operate based on your emotions. Because guess what, while I was playing " Victim" I still came across life changing info:) :) :). And since you are one of those people who likes to add words into people's mouths that they did not say.... I am proving NOTHING TO ANYONE but myself. As stated, I am on a new chapter and second life. I have no one from my past included in this NOR do I care what they think. Good day sir.

P.S. Also, how can one have a lot of pent up anger AND be a victim??? Think about that for a moment you contradicting dumb a$$....

@Ravens_Shadow

Thanks for insulting me. Ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content