The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Simple hack to increase your productivity on computer if you use chrome

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Get this app if you have chrome. What it does, is when you open a new tab, instead of your top visited sites that are ALWAYS luring you in and make you go "wait, why did I open this tab" half an hour later. Instead it shows you a picture, and YOUR OWN GOAL that you write that day for what it is you intended to do. Try it, you'll notice the difference.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/momentum/laookkfknpbbblfpciffpaejjkokdgca?hl=en

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:
G

Guest24480

Thanks for sharing. I also have a productivity tool that I use that can cut down the time you check your email every day.

Every time you receive an email it pops up in a dialogue box in the bottom right corner of your screen. It gives you the option to either mark the email as read if it isn't important, click on it and read it if it's important, or leave it alone if you want to read it later. It also lets you add multiple accounts if you have, for example, a personal account or a school/work related account that are separate. You can also check and read emails from your browser without opening a gmail page.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...-gmail/oeopbcgkkoapgobdbedcemjljbihmemj?hl=en

Charmander

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Feb 20, 2015
Slovakia
I think that there are a lot of problems with the clickbait threads(nothing wrong with, i made one too once =D)... Had to install "The Great Suspender" addon for chrome, so it doesn´t load all the tabs each time it starts lol.

I think I have here tabs a month old, that i still didn´t read... Lol...

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.jpg
    New Bitmap Image.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I think that there are a lot of problems with the clickbait threads... Had to install "The Great Suspender" addon for chrome, so it doesn´t load all the tabs each time it starts lol.

I think I have here tabs a month old, that i still didn´t read... Lol...

Yes this is a real problem, and' I'm curious who's found the solution. Sometimes when you HAVE to restart the computer and see just one tab after, you go "do I dare not click 'reload tabs?" :)

Maybe something along the lines of "if you haven't worn this clothes in 6 months, throw it out" method - if you haven't looked at the page for more than 20 seconds in more than 5 days, it goes away, and gets stored on a cloud/bookmarks as "saved tab".

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
I use StayFocusd. 10 minutes of stuff allowed during the day (fun fact: most of it is spent here). Then it blocks all "dangerous" sites.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
So how is it going for you guys that got it? Makes a bit of a difference with a reminder, don't it? And those pics are amazing. Found today's quote quite good.

34hfe4i.png

zerobrainwash

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 20, 2015
Baltics
So how is it going for you guys that got it? Makes a bit of a difference with a reminder, don't it? And those pics are amazing. Found today's quote quite good.

Picture and quote on my browser is different, seems like they are randomized. But anyhow, it's definitely working for the better, constantly nudging in right direction :)

Charmander

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Feb 20, 2015
Slovakia
Makes a bit of a difference with a reminder, don't it?
Seems to make sense to also put here a little guide to speed up youtube videos (i posted this originally somewhere else here)

MINI GUIDE ON HOW TO SAVE UP TO 50% OF YOUR TIME on YouTube :

Step 1:Click the little gear icon(settings) on the bottom right side of the video

Step 2:Select Speed - 1,5x to 2x...
save 50% time.jpg

This way - a long 30 minute lecture (video) is going to take only 15 minutes of your time =)

I wish real-life school could be 2x-ed like these vids... So we wouldn´t have to waste the time there, Lol...

Last edited:

Change

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Mar 15, 2015
Wow, very impressive little addons.

Thanks for the share- am going to give it a try.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.