The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

RANT Side hustle

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Mohammed ED-DAHB

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 11, 2020
Morocco
Can you start a copywriting side-hustle with 0 cash?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Santi M

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 22, 2018
Spain
Yes:
Learn copy on free platforms (Youtube, Google...).
Market yourself on free platforms (Instagram, Facebook...)
Get clients on free platforms (Fiverr, Upwrok...)

Work hard and provide more value than expected.

Madame Peccato

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Yes, in fact, I have done it myself. I am not swimming in cash and I've had some small bumps in the past months, but you can easily earn thousands of cash even if you start with 0.

As for how, Santi M already told you, so it's a matter of getting started. You can learn enough in 2-3 days and then immediately jump onto a freelancing platform and start earning right away, which is what I suggest you to do. There's no better way to learn than working on real life projects with real clients.

If you are really starved for money and are at an absolute loss on what to do and just want to earn a quick buck writing for whomever, there are also content mills. I am not a fan of them, but they are amazing if you are entirely new to the world of writing, as they teach you to output text even when you don't know what the f you are writing about.

You can easily earn hundreds of $ per week on them if you really put a lot of effort into them, and get some quick cash that way, which then you can use to pay for more advanced courses or to buy domain or whatever you want to do afterwards.

It's all a matter of taking the first step.

Mohammed ED-DAHB

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 11, 2020
Morocco
Yes:
Learn copy on free platforms (Youtube, Google...).
Market yourself on free platforms (Instagram, Facebook...)
Get clients on free platforms (Fiverr, Upwrok...)

Work hard and provide more value than expected.
Thanks for advice bro, I appreciate it!

Mohammed ED-DAHB

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 11, 2020
Morocco
Yes, in fact, I have done it myself. I am not swimming in cash and I've had some small bumps in the past months, but you can easily earn thousands of cash even if you start with 0.

As for how, Santi M already told you, so it's a matter of getting started. You can learn enough in 2-3 days and then immediately jump onto a freelancing platform and start earning right away, which is what I suggest you to do. There's no better way to learn than working on real life projects with real clients.

If you are really starved for money and are at an absolute loss on what to do and just want to earn a quick buck writing for whomever, there are also content mills. I am not a fan of them, but they are amazing if you are entirely new to the world of writing, as they teach you to output text even when you don't know what the f you are writing about.

You can easily earn hundreds of $ per week on them if you really put a lot of effort into them, and get some quick cash that way, which then you can use to pay for more advanced courses or to buy domain or whatever you want to do afterwards.

Thank you for taking the time and explaining this to me, I truly appreciate it

juresesko

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 10, 2020
Slovenia

Great response. It moved me. I would never think about getting started after that short time (3 days) not even one month.
I needed to hear that. I always think that I don't know enough and that I would sound stupid when I would talk with clients.
How does the process look what do clients ask when they want their copy done?

Madame Peccato

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Great response. It moved me. I would never think about getting started after that short time (3 days) not even one month.
I needed to hear that. I always think that I don't know enough and that I would sound stupid when I would talk with clients.
How does the process look what do clients ask when they want their copy done?

Perhaps I exaggerated a bit with the timeframe. But it should not take you more than 7 days to learn enough to get started. Copy is a subject that you learn by writing it with real world projects.

You can spend years reading all about copy but if you never write a single piece of copy you will not be good at it, so it is better to learn the basics and get started with real clients.

Naturally you won't start with huge projects, but simple copywriting projects (i.e.: a short 200-300 words for a landing page, or an email for a newsletter, or whatever else you want to start with) are all great starting points.

Your client will tell you what they want, but of course they won't know 100% of what they want / need. This is where you can position yourself as an expert who knows what he is doing.

Ask them questions related to the job. Some examples of generic questions are "who is this piece of copy for" and "what is the objective of the copy?". This not only helps you out craft better work for your client, but also helps you understand more about the job itself, and improves the client's opinion of you.

One last thing: it's ok to suck in your first jobs. Worst comes to worst, agree to a refund for your client / don't get paid. It's about learning the job by performing it.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
@Fox Hi, I learned to code over the last few months, I am not the best but I am getting there, I...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
I read it yesterday, looks like a nice introduction for reading TFM or Unscripted. ; ) Also...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom