The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sick of being a braindead zombie like everyone on the street

William Chu

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jan 4, 2019
Hi all,

I'm a college student from Hong Kong studying Computer Science. My life have been started with the brainwashing education from schools and family, where the "slowlane" is the only way to make a living. And the definition of success is to be able pay $1 Million USD mortgage for a 400 square feet tiny apartment.

With smartphones' rising popularity, everyone started spending their every waking minute on their phone for instant gratification and downloading every ads they can ever seen to their brain for more consumerism.

Even though I am disgusted by this sickness, after reading the Millionaire fastlane , I want to make a difference instead of complaining. Although exploiting everyone's dopamine system seems to be working fine and can probably make a fortune (the Instagram posts, the dessert shops in every street corner, the "Free to play" mobile games), I don't think it is the right thing to do.

So instead, I am currently working on a startup project that involves traffic optimisation, which is kinda crucial for an overpopulated city like Hong Kong. But the current price we can offer without losing a dime is almost double the existing ones, even though it would save people half of the commute time. Would love some input for this issue, should I persist or switch to something else which seems to be less of a deadend.

Thank you everyone.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

William Chu

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jan 4, 2019

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018

William Chu

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jan 4, 2019
Thanks for the reply everyone.

How about bicycles? Maybe even make it a rental service.

It's a thing in some of the less populated areas in Hong Kong (i.e. "The New Towns"), where they were planned with better cycling infrastructure. However, most people live in those areas still have to take the subway or other public transport to get to the work areas.
Screenshot 2019-01-05 at 3.59.15 PM.png
Furthermore, even though bicycle rental services were sort of thriving the past few years (around 7 companies took place in Hong Kong), the bubble starts to burst recently when its flaws finally come to the surface. Because first, it is only safe to the bikers and pedestrians with a cycling-friendly infrastructure (which HK does not have). Second, it can go really ugly, people might break the locks to get free bikes and bikes are often threw to the river by competitors.

TL;DR: There are existing ones but they are not doing well, due to poor infrastructure and uncivilised citizens.

William Chu

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jan 4, 2019
Is this like Elon's Tunnel?

View attachment 23130

How would you go about fixing the problem?

I'm thinking this...lol
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC4rg1Em8mo

I think the pain HK people facing is not really the "stuck in traffic" part. But the "waiting" part instead, it takes about 10 minutes to get on a train fully packed with people. So it is very unpleasant especially when everyone is just tired and wants to go home.
_2018100519184620050.jpg
So I what I am trying to eliminate is this unpleasant part, but I am not ready to disclose my entire plan since it is still on initial stage. But will definitely update you guys when I have major failures or success. :clench:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...