The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I proceed?

Arevico

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Apr 7, 2017
The Netherlands
Hey Guys,

I'm following the steps prescribed to go from idea to productocracy to develop WordPress plugin.

I have a particular idea which I'm exploring, but i don't now wether or not to go to the next phase. I performed a N.E.C.T.S analysis and it all seems to check out. I got the initial idea via a forum, users asking questions how to do something. Found out multiple people have that problem.

However, google search volume data doesn't seem to support this, should I move on to the next soft validation steps (i think about market simulation with a opt-in page with mock screenshots of the product)? Or should i explore the next idea?

In general, i found google keyword data no longer returns workable results, how do you guys approach this? How much weight do you put on this search data?

GcutyDm.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Go direct to the people who you saw with the problem. Ask for presales (offer an incentive).

If one person has that problem it is very likely that 10,000s of others do too (unless it is something super niche).

Don't give too much weight to google search volumes. If you are solving problems for people, you're going to get paid.

Arevico

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Apr 7, 2017
The Netherlands
Go direct to the people who you saw with the problem. Ask for presales (offer an incentive).

If one person has that problem it is very likely that 10,000s of others do too (unless it is something super niche).

Don't give too much weight to google search volumes. If you are solving problems for people, you're going to get paid.

thanks :), jeah it's not super niched and i contacted one of the person having the problem to see and understand his use case and possible criterical features. Then I'll go ahead with the next steps :)

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Be aware of the desert of desertion. Your brain will think up a million ways that you can't, or shouldn't. Expect it and take action in spite of.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.