MadStacks
New Contributor
- Joined
- Jan 31, 2015
- Messages
- 26
Rep Bank
$185
$185
User Power: 12%
Whats good guys.
I have a really good product idea and I've just started hiring some people to develop an online prototype and sell sheet.
I'm doing the whole stephen key thing and I'm rly excited about it.
However, my school has a program (top 15 research university in the us), where I can submit my idea and if accepted, be fully funded for all patents attorneys and everything. they would also do all the work to get it licensed.
Of course it comes with a catch, they would get 55% percent of all revenue it generates. and they would be listed as the inventors of the idea even though I created it.
I'm leaning to just do it myself because i don't intend on actually filing utility/design patent. just the provisional so its very cheap.
What do you guys think?
I have a really good product idea and I've just started hiring some people to develop an online prototype and sell sheet.
I'm doing the whole stephen key thing and I'm rly excited about it.
However, my school has a program (top 15 research university in the us), where I can submit my idea and if accepted, be fully funded for all patents attorneys and everything. they would also do all the work to get it licensed.
Of course it comes with a catch, they would get 55% percent of all revenue it generates. and they would be listed as the inventors of the idea even though I created it.
I'm leaning to just do it myself because i don't intend on actually filing utility/design patent. just the provisional so its very cheap.
What do you guys think?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
