The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I leave my mining engineering job and start something else?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Satyajit310

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 8, 2017
INDIA
I have partly gone through the inspiring book, "The millionaire fast lane". I would humbly request you to go through a few simple facts pertaining to my career and advice, if possible, the best course of action to get on to the fast lane.

1) Age - 45 Years

2) Sex - Male.

3) Marital Status - Married with a 15 months old kid.

4) Nationality - Indian.

5) Current Profession - Mining Engineer employed in M/S Tata Steel Limited in an underground coal mine.

6) Annual Income - 12 Lakhs Rupees (Indian Currency).

7) Level of Job Satisfaction - Zero. The job is not to my liking. It is a daily drudgery.

8) My passion -

(a) Research on space and time in pure physics (But as yet, no formal degree in the field).

(b) Keen interest in Mathematics.

(c) Software Programming (I do have a PG diploma on the subject, but it was way back in 2004 and I have forgotten everything. I had, however, designed a few programs to solve complicated mathematical problems).

8) Financial Status - No acute financial problem at the moment, but at the same time, I am stuck with my 9 to 5 daily routine and do not have freedom.

9) What I badly need at the moment - I badly need financial liberty, most importantly, freedom form the drudgery of my job and do something that not only satisfies my intellectual thirst, but also gives financial freedom.

I shall be highly obliged to have some advice from the forum.

Yours Sincerely,

Satyajit Chakrabartty

City - Dhanbad.

State - Jharkhand.

Country - India.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
I would humbly request you to go through a few simple facts pertaining to my career and advice, if possible, the best course of action to get on to the fast lane.

Unfortunately, "how" to get on the fastlane is different for everyone, and it's difficult for anyone other than You to know the best path for you.

Think about the products or services you frequently use, is there something you do or make better than what's out there. Something that solves a big enough problem, that people would pay for the solution?

Listen to what your co-workers complain about when they are in conversation. Complaints are often a sign that there is problem that needs fixing.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
1) Age - Ignore this.
2) Sex - Ignore this.
3) Marital Status - Use this as fuel...perhaps your "WHY".
4) Nationality - Ignore this.
5) Current Profession - Use this as a source of "NEEDS".
6) Annual Income - Ignore this.
7) Level of Job Satisfaction - Use this as fuel...perhaps your "WHY".
8) My passion - Ignore this.
8) Financial Status -Ignore this.
9) What I badly need at the moment - Use this as fuel...perhaps your "WHY".

@amp0193 gave you some great advice, I'm not going to try to refine it any further.
Think about the products or services you frequently use, is there something you do or make better than what's out there. Something that solves a big enough problem, that people would pay for the solution?

Listen to what your co-workers complain about when they are in conversation. Complaints are often a sign that there is problem that needs fixing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.