The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should i leave my home town for Good?

lunga ngcobo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 29, 2019
Hi all,

I have a very serious decision to make
and i might make me or brake me. i live in a small town in which i grew up, i know there may be great opportunities here but the place depresses me in every way. I read the millionaire fastlane about 2 years ago and MJ says his biggest move was leaving his home town. Ok i have left before and then came back coz my parents passed and people told me i needed to be home because of some cultural reasons.

I have converted my parents home into a rental property... thats good 95% passive income and it gives me the chance to pursue my dream fastlane business.

My fast lane website: Ok I've been trying to lift this website of mine for about two years now but i just dont have the right energy to make it big.

I think my home town sucks shit and I think relocating to a new city will give me the edge to realize my website.

So guys... is it a good idea to just leave or will leaving my town not make any difference?? 25758

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Crossroads.jpg
    Crossroads.jpg
    671.6 KB · Views: 0

Paul Burrows

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 12, 2019
I left. For me it's the best thing I ever did. I sold the TV, changed my diet, added more fresh air and exercise and family time. Moving helped me to kill off my bad habits & lose the bad influences. Now I find I get more done in an hour than I did in a morning back "home".

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I think when you leave home , it gives you new perspectives on life. Can really change your view on life. I believe people may be more successful when they move away from their home environment because they don't have the family in their face all the time or the back history. It's breathing in a different atmosphere where you can grow, change, and reach your potential.

lunga ngcobo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 29, 2019
I left. For me it's the best thing I ever did. I sold the TV, changed my diet, added more fresh air and exercise and family time. Moving helped me to kill off my bad habits & lose the bad influences. Now I find I get more done in an hour than I did in a morning back "home".
lol. i love the selling TV part! :happy: anyways thanks for the reply. you just gave me new hope...

lunga ngcobo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 29, 2019
I think when you leave home , it gives you new perspectives on life. Can really change your view on life. I believe people may be more successful when they move away from their home environment because they don't have the family in their face all the time or the back history. It's breathing in a different atmosphere where you can grow, change, and reach your potential.
wow! talking about my family... they really do depress me. they are un-supportive , lazy and really kill my spirit. my main reason for wanting to leave is coz i want to get away from their negetive energy. I didnt realize how much of a big part they play in my negative thought... F*cking depressing i tell you.

anyways thanks for the comment... mattie :smile2:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
wow! talking about my family... they really do depress me. they are un-supportive , lazy and really kill my spirit. my main reason for wanting to leave is coz i want to get away from their negetive energy. I didnt realize how much of a big part they play in my negative thought... F*cking depressing i tell you.

anyways thanks for the comment... mattie :smile2:
Yes, I think many of us have a similar experience.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

Soder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
511%
Jan 3, 2019
Like it or not, we are social animals. The environment influences us greatly. Somewhere (maybe here) I read that if you are with 5 drunks, you will be the sixth one; If you are with 5 athletes you will be the sixth, if you are with 5 entrepreneurs you will be the sixth.

The positive thing about the internet age is that your environment can be the best entrepreneurs/ thinkers/ ... of history through books, they will be the best mentors.

So I think it may not be mandatory to change city, since you could change your environment within the same city, but obviously, changing the city requires it and gives you a new perspective.

lunga ngcobo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 29, 2019
Like it or not, we are social animals. The environment influences us greatly. Somewhere (maybe here) I read that if you are with 5 drunks, you will be the sixth one; If you are with 5 athletes you will be the sixth, if you are with 5 entrepreneurs you will be the sixth.

The positive thing about the internet age is that your environment can be the best entrepreneurs/ thinkers/ ... of history through books, they will be the best mentors.

So I think it may not be mandatory to change city, since you could change your environment within the same city, but obviously, changing the city requires it and gives you a new perspective.
thanks soder for the feed back. at least now i know that im not over reaction.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...