The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I Innovate? Or Model What's Working?

When starting out, do you model what's already working? Or innovate?

• Total voters

Ganglion

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 21, 2018
United Kingdom
Hey everyone

I'm looking to change my business model, and I wonder if I could ask you your opinion.

For more than 10 years I've been in a niche that's blazing a new trail, with no competitors, and I've managed to only earn enough to pay the bills and save up some change.

Now I'm looking to change up my business model, and go into a completely different niche, one where I will have competitors I can model and learn from.

My question is, when starting out, should I model what's working? Or should I innovate right out the gate?

I was all ready to start innovating, until I came across Russel Brunson's funnel hacking content, and it made sense to me: when you're starting out, find someone successful and model (a euphemism for "copy") what they're doing. Once you've got the cashflow, with your bills paid for, THEN you can look into throwing money into innovating and blazing a new trail.

My only gripe with Russel Brunson's funnel hacking, is that I'm not really providing any value to anybody. I'm just using working sales tactics to convince people to buy my sh**t. I'll do my best to make sure my sh**t is as helpful to my customers as possible, but the focus will be on the sales funnel doing the selling, rather than on having a great product that my customers rave to their friends about.

It just seems compelling that if I can find a successful competitor who is already making money, I can simply "model" their ads, throw a similar line of products in there, and I'll be making some decent money, with which I can later start to innovate and blaze a trail.

If I innovate and blaze a trail from the get-go, it would require more of an upfront investment, more time spent on research, and will involve more risk. But I do understand that through innovation, the potential for long-term growth and success are much greater.

Thanks in advance for your input :p

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
It should just revolve whether you are helping people or not.

If you had a cure for cancer you would sure as hell want to get every tactic to convince people to buy.

So you can help.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.