The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Short 5 Minute Video That Is Sure To Get You Up Off Your A$$. All Facts, No Fluff

NonMagicalGenie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
Thought I would share one of Gary "MF" Vaynerchuks most recent video.

I urge you to follow him. If "hustler" had a symbolic image of people, he would be one of my top 5 picks.

He lives, breathes, and shits, what he speaks.

If you're in college, not in college, or whatever for that matter...and you have an idea and want to start it, but need that little push to get you past all of your excuses, give this video a watch or many watches.

If you don't feel like conquering the world after watching this, I don't know what will.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Thought I would share one of Gary "MF" Vaynerchuks most recent videos.

I urge you to follow him. If "hustler" had a symbolic image of people he would be one of my top 5. He lives, breathes, and shits, what he speaks.

If you're in college, not in college, or whatever for that matter...but need that little push to help you push past all the bullshit, give this video a watch.

If you don't feel like conquering the world after watching this, I don't know what will.

Great video, but unless you have an internal motivational fire inside of you, such videos will only help during the watching process,lol. Great video, amazing guy and respect for what he does though.

NonMagicalGenie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
Great video, but unless you have an internal motivational fire inside of you, such videos will only help during the watching process,lol. Great video, amazing guy and respect for what he does though.
Very true. But it can help getting things in motion in some cases!

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Very true. But it can help getting things in motion in some cases!

I love watching them before falling asleep, because I believe that even though I don't consciously absorb what the guy is saying, my unconscious mind does, hence I end up dreaming something related to business and wake up energized. However, if you don't put that energy into motion, it's useless.

NonMagicalGenie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
Thanks for sharing.

Figured you might like this as well: http://wallstreetplayboys.com/motivation-is-for-the-weak/
Good read. A lot of good info. Thanks for sharing!

For people that don't know what to do at all, yeah motivational videos are counter-productive. But I wouldn't call this a motivational video. It has elements as one, but its more fact's than fluff. At least in my opinion.

The way Gary speaks does light a fire under my a$$ though lmfao. He really is a captivating public speaker. I like his style, a lot. This is what gives the video motivational elements.

Thiago Machado

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
May 20, 2014
Good read. A lot of good info. Thanks for sharing!

For people that don't know what to do at all, yeah motivational videos are counter-productive. But I wouldn't call this a motivational video. It has elements as one, but its more fact's than fluff. At least in my opinion.

The way Gary speaks does light a fire under my a$$ though lmfao. He really is a captivating public speaker. I like his style, a lot. This is what gives the video motivational elements.

Yep. Completely agree with you on that one.

That's why I wanted to share the article. All facts. No fluff.

Your post made me think about a chapter in the book "How to Get Rich" - Felix Dennis

YOUNG, PENNILESS AND INEXPERIENCED?

Excellent. You stand by far the best chance of becoming as rich as you please. You have an advantage that neither education nor upbringing, nor even money, can buy.

You have almost nothing. And therefore you have almost nothing to lose.

Not knowing that something cannot be done, you are likely to waltz into uncharted minefields where angels before you have feared to dance. Astonishingly, you may be fortunate enough to succeed, to some degree or another.

Never trust the vast mountain of conventional wisdom. It contains great nuggets of wisdom, it is true. But they lie alongside rivers of fool's gold.

Conventional wisdom daunts initiative and offers far too many convenient reasons for inaction, especially for those with a great deal to lose.

Fortunately for you, you do not have anything to lose and can afford to ignore the "jobsworths' and Jeremiahs who have lived upon the mountain for so long that they have come to worship it.

Nor is a propensity for risk-taking your only advantage.

You have stamina far, far beyond those who are twenty or thirty years older. The stamina necessary for long, grinding hours of labour in the cause of getting rich. Stamina enough to party all night and go straight back to work for a twelveor sixteen-hour day.

I remember such stamina fondly. You have no idea how much the stamina of the young is envied by the rest of us. Along with a degree of callousness and enviable powers of speedy recuperation from reverses, stamina is your secret weapon. Its attributes will see you through a raft of catastrophes that would virtually annihilate older men and women.

In addition, your instinctive knowledge of modern technology gives you another edge. (All those hours spent playing computer or video games might not have been such a waste after all.) At least you know the difference between an iPod and a JPEG.

Perhaps most importantly of all, as a young and penniless and inexperienced person, you are not an 'expert'. Thus you are more willing to learn than those in their thirties, forties or fifties.

You are not afraid of making mistakes, admitting them when you do and getting right back on track. (Speaking of tracks, you have no track record to defend, either.) Here is a pearl beyond price and - Glory Hallelujah! - it cost you nothing to obtain.

Anyone not busy learning is busy dying.

Curiosity has led many a man and women into the valley of serious wealth.

Ambition, fearlessness, self-belief, stamina, a degree of callousness, a willingness to learn.
These are your advantages over the middle-aged and the old.

'Gather ye rosebuds while ye may!' Could you turn the clock back for me by forty years, I would willingly swap you every penny and every possession I own in return. And I would have the better of the bargain, too!

So what does the future hold for a young man or woman determined to become far wealthier than their parents?

Here is how I see it:

The way will most likely be hard, your failures many. It will be fun and it will get a little hairy, even scary, at times. But the earlier you start and the more risks you are prepared to run, tempered by listening hard and choosing the right mountain (we'll come to that later), the more certain it is that, sooner or later, you will find yourself with a small success on your hands.

And one success, with luck, will lead to another. If there is a single category of person for whom this book should prove the most useful, it is you: the young, penniless and inexperienced. I know. I've been there.

And if I was lucky enough to find a way through, then so can you.

Stick with me, young brother or sister. You are suffering from nothing more than excusable confusion and a lack of experience, conditions that will pass with time, and whose passing can be expedited by fierce determination and application.

Believe it or not, I envy each and every one of you.

Last edited:

NonMagicalGenie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
Yep. Completely agree with you on that one.

That's why I wanted to share the article. All facts. No fluff.

Your post made me think about a chapter in the book "How to Get Rich" - Felix Dennis

YOUNG, PENNILESS AND INEXPERIENCED?

Excellent. You stand by far the best chance of becoming as rich as you please. You have an advantage that neither education nor upbringing, nor even money, can buy. You have almost nothing. And therefore you have almost nothing to lose.

Not knowing that something cannot be done, you are likely to waltz into uncharted minefields where angels before you have feared to dance. Astonishingly, you may be fortunate enough to succeed, to some degree or another.

Never trust the vast mountain of conventional wisdom. It contains great nuggets of wisdom, it is true. But they lie alongside rivers of fool's gold. Conventional wisdom daunts initiative and offers far too many convenient reasons for inaction, especially for those with a great deal to lose. Fortunately for you, you do not have anything to lose and can afford to ignore the "jobsworths' and Jeremiahs who have lived upon the mountain for so long that they have come to worship it.

Nor is a propensity for risk-taking your only advantage. You have stamina far, far beyond those who are twenty or thirty years older. The stamina necessary for long, grinding hours of labour in the cause of getting rich. Stamina enough to party all night and go straight back to work for a twelveor sixteen-hour day. I remember such stamina fondly. You have no idea how much the stamina of the young is envied by the rest of us. Along with a degree of callousness and enviable powers of speedy recuperation from reverses, stamina is your secret weapon. Its attributes will see you through a raft of catastrophes that would virtually annihilate older men and women. In addition, your instinctive knowledge of modern technology gives you another edge. (All those hours spent playing computer or video games might not have been such a waste after all.) At least you know the difference between an iPod and a JPEG.

Perhaps most importantly of all, as a young and penniless and inexperienced person, you are not an 'expert'. Thus you are more willing to learn than those in their thirties, forties or fifties.

You are not afraid of making mistakes, admitting them when you do and getting right back on track. (Speaking of tracks, you have no track record to defend, either.) Here is a pearl beyond price and - Glory Hallelujah! - it cost you nothing to obtain. Anyone not busy learning is busy dying. Curiosity has led many a man and women into the valley of serious wealth.

Ambition, fearlessness, self-belief, stamina, a degree of callousness, a willingness to learn. These are your advantages over the middle-aged and the old. 'Gather ye rosebuds while ye may!' Could you turn the clock back for me by forty years, I would willingly swap you every penny and every possession I own in return. And I would have the better of the bargain, too!

So what does the future hold for a young man or woman determined to become far wealthier than their parents?

Here is how I see it: The way will most likely be hard, your failures many. It will be fun and it will get a little hairy, even scary, at times. But the earlier you start and the more risks you are prepared to run, tempered by listening hard and choosing the right mountain (we'll come to that later), the more certain it is that, sooner or later, you will find yourself with a small success on your hands. And one success, with luck, will lead to another. If there is a single category of person for whom this book should prove the most useful, it is you: the young, penniless and inexperienced. I know. I've been there. And if I was lucky enough to find a way through, then so can you. Stick with me, young brother or sister. You are suffering from nothing more than excusable confusion and a lack of experience, conditions that will pass with time, and whose passing can be expedited by fierce determination and application. Believe it or not, I envy each and every one of you.
Thanks for posting it! Awesome excerpt indeed.

It's a more wordy version than of Gary's video haha.

NonMagicalGenie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
To keep the "all facts, no fluff" content going, heres an excerpt from John Carlton's last months blog. Tired as hell and got foggy-eyed while reading the blog though lol. Gonna have to reread it in the morning for sure.

His blogs are really good! Highly recommend reading his blogs. I just started reading them and found this gem!

His very first blogs are a gold mine for actionable advice as well, even though they are over a decade old, the advice still applies today.

You can read the whole blog here: http://www.john-carlton.com/2016/04/

Reality Check #1: You only get one ticket for a life. There is no “do over” button, no replays, and no options on more game time.

Sure, I know you know this. Like, duh, right?

So why are you living as if you had unlimited time to waste? You’re treating your life the same way you treat your lack of exercise, your refusal to quit bad habits, your putting off of all that critical stuff you need to get after.

Oh, I know. Eventually, you’ll get around to it. Yeah, life’s short, whatever. You’re not gonna die in the next couple of months, at least, so why freak out over missing opportunities and all that crap?

Here’s where your own bullshit blinds you: Your “real” life doesn’t start down the line, after you’ve accomplished that thing you’re putting off. The college degree, the marriage to a hot mate, the new car, the new haircut, the signing of your band… none of that “starts” your life.

No, your life is going on RIGHT FREAKING NOW. Who you are today is pretty much the foundation of who’ll you be tomorrow, even if you win the lottery and can tell your boss to shove it.

And if winning the lottery is your entire plan for a better life, then you’re deep in the dreaded Delusional Swamp. Time to start wading back to dry land, and re-establish a relationship with the reality of your situation.

Reality Check #2: If you don’t change anything, then the next 5 years are probably going to look pretty much like the last 5 years.

And if that makes your skin crawl, then you must face up to a brutal fact of life: If anything is going to change, you’re gonna have to take responsibility for it.

Hey, I’ve known people who were wrenched from their life, drafted into the Army, and shoved into foreign cultures and terrifying situations rife with challenges to their belief systems.

And they came back pretty much the same person. They were so set in “who they were”, that new experiences just bounced off without much effect. They returned to the same job, same neighborhood, same desires.

And there’s nothing wrong with that. If that’s what you want.

However, as a consultant and coach, I don’t usually encounter folks who are ecstatic with the way their lives are going.

No. The folks I deal with have made the fateful decision to CHANGE. They’re open to it, they crave it, they’re willing (they hope) to suffer to attain their goals.

They just need a little help doing it right.

To change, you have to actually draw a line in the sand. Up to this second, I was this person. From now forward, I am going to change the way I do things.

You can’t just promise to do this, by the way. Nope. You gotta form some goals to aim for, and implement your plan to go after them. You gotta make a (probably long) list of the attributes you need to nurture or create… like discipline, dedication, firm resolve, follow-through, and a professional’s code of behavior (“You show up where you said you’d be, when you said you’d be there, having done what you said you’d do… every time, with no excuses allowed.”).

If you need help, you find it and start implementing what you learn. Mentors, coaching, courses, whatever it takes to get you past your sticking points.

If you need to get the biz working, you start today. Not tomorrow. Today. You set up a schedule and a plan, and you follow it. Even when you’re tired, even when there’s SO MUCH ELSE you’d rather do, even when you have to say “nope” to fun.

In fact, “fun” becomes a reward, not a primary pursuit. The old adage “business before pleasure” is the precursor to “work hard, play hard”. We’ve lost that sense of proportion, as a culture. Too many folks just want to play hard… and maybe squeeze in a little duty on the side.

And success doesn’t function like that. F*cking around is the way you eventually F*ck up. (And I say this as a primo F*ck up, for much of my pre-career life. I know how F*ck-ups operate, the ways they spin excuses and avoid responsibility for mucking things over. I was a master at it. And I had to murder that part of me in order to move forward.)

Today, I have as much fun in my life as I do hard work. But the work is fulfilling, and the fun feeds my soul. And vice versa.

I got to this point by sacrificing long-held beliefs about what I was capable of, what the world would “allow” me to do, and how far I could push into unchartered territory when I set my mind to it.

Turns out…

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.