The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Share Your Website And I'll Provide You With Some Free Design Feedback!

Idea threads

JPoh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 23, 2019
Hi there, I'm a freelance graphic designer who wants to give back to the community by offering some free advice and feedback to help improve your website.
If you're interested please leave a comment below with a link to your website and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

Feel free to check out my portfolio for your reference:
Johnery | Professional Graphic Designer for Businesses and Creators

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Feb 11, 2019
If this qualifies as a subtle self-promotion, please delete this, but here's my current landing page: D&G Agency $100 Offer

Curious about your feedback! Thanks!

envykyro

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Dec 4, 2022
Hi!
satinaa.com

its 95% complete , product photography will be done this week , so just ignore the photos :)

I sell satin lined undercaps to hijabi women , to prevent hairloss , and breakage

DXLM

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 4, 2017
London, England
Hi @JPoh !
As you're offering... How is the design on Outlier Design Studio? How do you find the colour scheme, and I'm curious what you might feel is missing.

I do plan to add a motion graphic in the copy and image section after the Membership perks part.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
If this qualifies as a subtle self-promotion, please delete this, but here's my current landing page: D&G Agency $100 Offer

I'm no designer (my website is awful!), but straightaway I see a problem, you have cut off words right at the start of your page. If I was a potential client this would cause me to click away immediately.
1713421761784.png

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Hi @JPoh !
As you're offering... How is the design on Outlier Design Studio? How do you find the colour scheme, and I'm curious what you might feel is missing.

I do plan to add a motion graphic in the copy and image section after the Membership perks part.

Nice, I'd like to hear what the OP says about this, you have some nice touches, like when you scroll and the "overwhelmed" to "Overjoyed" is pretty cool. I also like the colours.

But man, at those prices, you need to really convince me why I need to pay you a couple of grand a month to maintain my site. Surely once you've designed it I don't need you anymore?

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Feb 11, 2019
I'm no designer (my website is awful!), but straightaway I see a problem, you have cut off words right at the start of your page. If I was a potential client this would cause me to click away immediately.
View attachment 55432
Thanks for pointing out! I couldn't replicate the problem on any of my devices, but I'll look into it.

JPoh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 23, 2019

Overall the design looks pretty good! I would consider incorporating more graphics and images to visually show the customer what your value proposition is. As the saying, a picture says a thousand words.

Also, I would replace the images you have for Solution, Execution, and Partnership with ones that are more relevant to the content.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Feb 11, 2019
Overall the design looks pretty good! I would consider incorporating more graphics and images to visually show the customer what your value proposition is. As the saying, a picture says a thousand words.

Also, I would replace the images you have for Solution, Execution, and Partnership with ones that are more relevant to the content.
Thanks! I wanted to go for a different look than most agencies, and steered as far as I could from the standard "marketing agency template". Incorporating more visuals is a dilemma - it would lose its minimalism and copy focus, but if that improves performance, that's what it needs. My initial goal was to make an offer so good that nothing else is needed.

Agreed, the images are quite random. Thanks!

JPoh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 23, 2019
Hi!
satinaa.com

its 95% complete , product photography will be done this week , so just ignore the photos :)

I sell satin lined undercaps to hijabi women , to prevent hairloss , and breakage
Hi, thanks for sharing your website! Overall I'm liking the design and how much personality it has. Here are some suggestions on my end:
  • If possible I would darken the brown color you have for the background and buttons so the text contrasts and reads better.
  • Consider having more whitespace to better separate the sections.
  • I would remove the border outline from the product images so they look cleaner.
  • Having the call-to-action buttons in a different and contrasting color would better entice the customer to click on them.
  • The product images look a bit weird with the hijab 'floating' in midair — maybe there's a better way to display them to the customer.

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jun 5, 2019
Hi, here the link to a landing page I'm testing in order to validate a business idea.

My goal is to get as much subscriptions/emails as possible, so I'd be interested in knowing what changes you would apply to improve the conversion rate. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
View attachment 55432
Yup.

Same thing here. Confusing website. Too much going on, trying too hard IMO. I wouldn’t hire you with that.

For example, nothing repels me more than someone telling me “free!” F*cking free is the most expensive crap in existence. Why?

So you are willing to do things for nothing? Must mean you don’t have better things to do. You aren’t very good then. If my business sucks and I have time on my hands to take “free” help … maybe we both deserve each other.

But do you want real well paying clients? Start by admitting that you are expensive for a reason!

Hope this helps.

IMG_3848.jpeg

DoTheWork

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jun 12, 2019

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Curious to hear what you think. Recently built a new website for myself under my new brand: WebUltimate - Website Management for Growing Companies

Very professional, even the way it loads up is cool. My only tiny critique is that I would like to see a dynamic menu. So if I want to click to another section, I just mouse over and can see your top menu again.

As I was typing that I flicked back to your page and noticed the "back to the top" arrow in the corner. Perhaps have a back-to-top link at the bottom of each section, for less observant visitors like myself. Also, you could add a "contact us" that is prominent. I know you have a "submit request" at the top and a "book call" button, but at the end of each section you want to assume the person has just read it and thought to themselves "Sold! Right, how do I contact you?"

Great work, I wish you luck!

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Feb 11, 2019
Yup.

Same thing here. Confusing website. Too much going on, trying too hard IMO. I wouldn’t hire you with that.

For example, nothing repels me more than someone telling me “free!” F*cking free is the most expensive crap in existence. Why?

So you are willing to do things for nothing? Must mean you don’t have better things to do. You aren’t very good then. If my business sucks and I have time on my hands to take “free” help … maybe we both deserve each other.

But do you want real well paying clients? Start by admitting that you are expensive for a reason!

Hope this helps.
I appreciate it!

I'm working on another version that looks more like what you'd expect an agency's landing to look like, I'll share that here too.

Why free? Because I don't do every audit for free, 8/10 times I simply say: "We're not a good fit". Seeing someone's website plus a short brief is enough to tell whether I can/want to help them (I see what I can improve, I have a track record with a similar business, etc.). I only do a free audit when I see a fit, and if I do, I'm confident in closing it, which makes preparing the free audit worthwhile.

I did have the idea to make it $100 and explain that I'm not doing it to make $100, but to connect with serious prospects, and avoid people wasting my time, might go back to that.

Overall, thanks!

envykyro

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Dec 4, 2022
Hi, thanks for sharing your website! Overall I'm liking the design and how much personality it has. Here are some suggestions on my end:
  • If possible I would darken the brown color you have for the background and buttons so the text contrasts and reads better.
  • Consider having more whitespace to better separate the sections.
  • I would remove the border outline from the product images so they look cleaner.
  • Having the call-to-action buttons in a different and contrasting color would better entice the customer to click on them.
  • The product images look a bit weird with the hijab 'floating' in midair — maybe there's a better way to display them to the customer.
Thanks for the actionable steps! Ill definatly do a darker brown colour for the buttons.

Regarding the floating hijabs , i got the idea from finesse.us , the design is "suppsoed" to be like that... knowing this , would you let it slide , or still flag it up as a reccomended change?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
I appreciate it!

I'm working on another version that looks more like what you'd expect an agency's landing to look like, I'll share that here too.

One of the cornerstone principles from MJ is to create a Value Skew. What is yours? Make that visible on your new website.

Why free? Because I don't do every audit for free, 8/10 times I simply say: "We're not a good fit". Seeing someone's website plus a short brief is enough to tell whether I can/want to help them (I see what I can improve, I have a track record with a similar business, etc.). I only do a free audit when I see a fit, and if I do, I'm confident in closing it, which makes preparing the free audit worthwhile.

I get that. We all do some form of that and I think it's part of business and life. We give something free for the good of it or of we feel there is a clear benefit (like demonstrating your skills that otherwise a big potential client wouldn't even know you had). I don't recommend you remove that thinking, I recommend you remove the word FREE from your website.

Why?

Because it screams of desperation. It seems like you want every single client to ask you for a free service, as if that's your Value Skew - but clearly it's not. It seems like you got a lot of free time, when in fact you don't.

Turn this around and when you get a hit from the website, no one expects to be free, but after you've checked their business and liked what you saw, you then said "typically we charge $5,000 for this audit, but I really like your business and got so engaged with all the concepts on how to improve it, I've not billed you and will not bill you for this. Here's a free audit with my findings."

Holy shit! As an owner, same result to me, but what a difference in how I feel!

Can you tell the difference?

I did have the idea to make it $100 and explain that I'm not doing it to make $100, but to connect with serious prospects, and avoid people wasting my time, might go back to that.

Overall, thanks!

I have no idea what people charge or pay for their websites and these things. But $100 sounds about as close to "Free" as it gets, so if you want my unsolicited opinion - don't do that.

Create a value skew, get people here to provide you feedback. Be vulnerable to critique but get it done so well that you are choosing only 20% of all incoming traffic as your clients. Charge them 10x what you were thinking before.

You should know that there are people who pay $100k+ for just one website... But that includes all services (as you seem to want to provide as an agency) from copywriting, design, branding, SEO - everything.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Feb 11, 2019
One of the cornerstone principles from MJ is to create a Value Skew. What is yours? Make that visible on your new website.

I get that. We all do some form of that and I think it's part of business and life. We give something free for the good of it or of we feel there is a clear benefit (like demonstrating your skills that otherwise a big potential client wouldn't even know you had). I don't recommend you remove that thinking, I recommend you remove the word FREE from your website.

Why?

Because it screams of desperation. It seems like you want every single client to ask you for a free service, as if that's your Value Skew - but clearly it's not. It seems like you got a lot of free time, when in fact you don't.

Turn this around and when you get a hit from the website, no one expects to be free, but after you've checked their business and liked what you saw, you then said "typically we charge $5,000 for this audit, but I really like your business and got so engaged with all the concepts on how to improve it, I've not billed you and will not bill you for this. Here's a free audit with my findings."

Holy shit! As an owner, same result to me, but what a difference in how I feel!

Can you tell the difference?

I have no idea what people charge or pay for their websites and these things. But $100 sounds about as close to "Free" as it gets, so if you want my unsolicited opinion - don't do that.

Create a value skew, get people here to provide you feedback. Be vulnerable to critique but get it done so well that you are choosing only 20% of all incoming traffic as your clients. Charge them 10x what you were thinking before.

You should know that there are people who pay $100k+ for just one website... But that includes all services (as you seem to want to provide as an agency) from copywriting, design, branding, SEO - everything.
Huge thanks! Seriously, I appreciate it. I've spent way too long fiddling around with visual elements but evidently not enough to answer the foundational questions.

It's tricky as I've done so many different things, e.g. recently I built the entire funnel for a new luxury fashion brand, worked with a travel agency, and an investing coach. I really do provide over a dozen services, so find it tough to narrow it down.

My vision can be explained in the following story. Imagine a mechanic gets a call: "My car broke down, and I'm stranded in the middle of nowhere, what to do."

The mechanic can't reply with: "Get [specific part] now for 10% OFF if you buy today, if it breaks within X months, we'll replace it for free."

Of course not, he would say: "What's the brand of your car? Did it stop running while driving, or were you unable to start it? Do you see any warning lights? Is the temperature within the normal range? Did you try to start it? Where are you? We can pick you and your car up, and give you a quote once we check it out."

So, my message was intended to be: "Tell me what you're struggling with, and I'll propose a tailored solution. I can't offer you anything without knowing who you are and what you need."

I'll rework it, and update in this thread. Appreciated!

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jun 5, 2019

Yanezez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Dec 13, 2022
France & Chile
I will try.

Home painting and construction company. It's in Spanish but Google Translate can fix that. Nonetheless, wanted feedback if it's ok in terms of having all the must haves.

thank you!

f.laengle

Super Saiyajin
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Sep 21, 2023
Switzerland
I will try.

Home painting and construction company. It's in Spanish but Google Translate can fix that. Nonetheless, wanted feedback if it's ok in terms of having all the must haves.

thank you!
To be honest it looks bad. Too much different stuff going on and text overlaying other text. Look at some other good websites or use a template nad build of that.
After you have the basics working and looking ok you can go on from there

Yanezez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Dec 13, 2022
France & Chile
To be honest it looks bad. Too much different stuff going on and text overlaying other text. Look at some other good websites or use a template nad build of that.

I just clicked on the link on this new computer and looks messed up as well. I will investigate as in the other pc it looks fine.

Yanezez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Dec 13, 2022
France & Chile
Sorry to bother again, may ask precisely what do you see? I checked in various PCs and seems fine, except in 1 (which I suspect is what you see)

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Feb 11, 2019
Sorry to bother again, may ask precisely what do you see? I checked in various PCs and seems fine, except in 1 (which I suspect is what you see)

Looks like paddings and margins have gotten messed up.

Screen Shot 2024-04-23 at 8.18.41 PM.png

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

As mentioned above, the text padding (the distance from the edge of the screen) needs to be increased and also where each box begins and ends (margins).

I like the text though, I read in Spanish and English and it is simple but effective. However, you need more photographic examples of what you offer. The text tells me you're a luxury service, but the pictures don't convey that.

Bryan_t

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jan 26, 2021
I will try.

thank you!
The hero section's elements seem to be fighting for attention. I would suggest using lighter font colors on secondary information in order to emphasize the main idea.

Also, I would suggest the navbar to have a background that differentiates it from the content directly below it. Just my two cents.

Yanezez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Dec 13, 2022
France & Chile
As mentioned above, the text padding (the distance from the edge of the screen) needs to be increased and also where each box begins and ends (margins).

I like the text though, I read in Spanish and English and it is simple but effective. However, you need more photographic examples of what you offer. The text tells me you're a luxury service, but the pictures don't convey that.
Thank you very much. I had no idea there were positional adjustment issues. I have fixed the site a bit.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.