The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Self-Promotion Saturday Now Live!

Have something to sell? Want to promote your design service or a YouTube channel? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote anything within the sphere of entrepreneurship on one thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

Share Your Favourite Video/Podcast/Interview

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I was hoping to start a thread for us to share our favourite entrepreneurial videos, podcasts, ted talks, etc.

If you're interested in sharing - please post a video and give a short description of the subject matter and why it may be helpful to others on the forum.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
TreyAllDay

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
John Assaraf on Unlocking Your Brain's Full Potential
Great interview about reframing (seeing obstacles differently), unlocking your potential.

George Appiah

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
My favourite, recently discovered, podcast is Seth Godin's Akimbo. I'm currently binging on all the past episodes.

The best description of Akimbo comes from the horse's own mouth:

Akimbo is a posture of strength and possibility. The chance to make a difference, to bend the culture.

It's at the heart of my work. Your work too. The work of making change that we're proud of.

And so, a new podcast. A different kind of podcast. No guests, no fancy production, it won't remind you of NPR or sports radio either. 100% organic and handmade.

And yes, I'll be answering your questions about each episode, submitted at our showpage.
My favourite episodes (so far) are Don't Fear Placebos and Game Theory and the Infinite Game

One interesting thing I'm finding is that, oddly enough, I even love SOME of the ads... especially the earlier episodes where ZipRecruiter's founder would offer an entrepreneurial advice or tell a story from his early startup days... and then segways to talk about the specific problem his company solves.

Last edited:

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
One of the best business lessons you'll ever get.

Tools, software, industries, etc, will all come and go. You need a solid foundation in your mind to take advantage of new opportunities and succeed over the long term.

Why stuff like this isn't taught in business school blows my f*cking mind.

Instead, we're taught that "The skin of an apple is the perfect packaging!"

Also a very good video about self awareness.

"Kill the boy.....to become the man." -Aemon Targaryen

OP
OP
TreyAllDay

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
One of the best business lessons you'll ever get.

Tools, software, industries, etc, will all come and go. You need a solid foundation in your mind to take advantage of new opportunities and succeed over the long term.

Why stuff like this isn't taught in business school blows my f*cking mind.

Instead, we're taught that "The skin of an apple is the perfect packaging!"

Also a very good video about self awareness.

"Kill the boy.....to become the man." -Aemon Targaryen
Gotta watch that Sam Ovens video when I get time - I always thought he was a bit of a hack from his lame youtube ads but I'd love to have my mind changed.

OP
OP
TreyAllDay

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
How Perfectionism Sabotages Your Success, with Andy Frisella - MFCEO247

I listened this episode a million times. It talks about taking action instead of trying to do everything perfectly. I think this is one of the biggest problems that stops people from chasing their goals.
Going to watch this one. I know a TON of people like this. A friend of mine has been working on his software company for TEN YEARS without a launch. It has changed 8 or 9 times to make sure it's "ready". There is ALWAYS an excuse to not launch. Plenty of other good examples.

I think it's just a defense mechanism. People who love to dream about entrepreneurship but are afraid of it will always have another "X" to do before they can take action.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Gotta watch that Sam Ovens video when I get time - I always thought he was a bit of a hack from his lame youtube ads but I'd love to have my mind changed.
Yeah I thought the same about his "Why do I have a motorcycle in my living room?" ads...

But his content is actually on point.

OP
OP
TreyAllDay

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Yeah I thought the same about his "Why do I have a motorcycle in my living room?" ads... But his content is actually on point.
Got a chance to watch today - actually appreciate sam ovens now, despite his dumb ads lol.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I've just concluded my program with Kyle. The incubator gave me what I wanted. Now, working on a...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Thanks for the detailed response. I see it similar, in the beginning, you have only a small...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
The day I can afford to pay 800 a month to have someone keep me accountable is the day I've won...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom