The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

setting the blinker to change the lane and overtake the slowlane

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

SLX8

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jan 19, 2020
Dubai, Bangkok, Switzerland
I just read about 70% of the Millionaire Fastlane . actually I had the book already a while, but just recently started it. better late than never. but I hopped I got this book earlier. coz I've just realized I'm on the slowlane since years. just turned 40 and on the typical slowlane career. studied economics and information technology. my goal was to become a CFO of a corporate company. actually I'm just a step before... nice apartment with breathtaking view to the mountains, fast car, custom harley, fancy holidays, expensive hobbies and and and. expensive lifestyle. the book opened my eyes. it's time to change. I just announced my apartment for sale. I gonna rent something but it gives me money to invest or start a business. I have some ideas in mind already... 2020 gonna be a changing year and get rid of my 8 to late job and switching from 2 for 5 instead of 5 for 2. (I hope my boss is not in this forum :p )

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Welcome! If you're happy with the books wait until you read the GOLD threads (that's where you should start here)!

Also I'm so happy you set the blinker, why tf people don't set the blinker!!! No it's not useful 0.5 seconds before turning...

SLX8

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jan 19, 2020
Dubai, Bangkok, Switzerland
WOW what a year it was in 2020 and what a change. in the meanwhile, also read the Unscripted book. and funny wise I found myself many times in this book again. wished to read also this book much earlier... again I was one step before a CFO position with a nice salary, saved money with the compound interest believe, had some stocks and had my own apartment, which is actually a Liability, but not an investment.

Thus, I guess for many 2020 was not so fun, it was for me. I invested in a human resource system in the first place. a bar in my town. as read in the book, when you go to a crowded system, always make something better. so, I have now the biggest pool bar in the city. runs very well and give me a nice passive income. I kept my job until last month, so I had a double income. gave me the opportunity by another bar. again, made something different. with a house beer and the biggest gin selection in the whole area.
lots of people were confused, that I gave up my job in IT and finance industry with my master’s degree in the pocket. but I had to escape. now about to open my 3rd bar in the next weeks. all the 3 bars give me much more income than my very well-paid job before, but the nice thing it is most of it passive income. I still need a day per week to work for it. but with the time I freed up due this situation, gave me time to think about for something bigger. searching for ideas and which problem could be solved. and as said from MJ, you will not create opportunities when sitting home. similar to what I say, if you need to work, you do not have time to earn money.
guess what, I found a problem I faced myself and it fulfills all the 5 CENTS from the book unscripted . so, I told a few good friends about the idea, all of them said, wow killer idea. but it would need some seed money so start it. so, I wrote a business plan with my best friend and reached out to some start-up investors I found on LinkedIn. long story short, we could convince one of those investors and got the seed money to start.
I guess now you are wondering what it is... it is a software/platform project, but I will wait to tell you what it is exactly until we go-live to not get copied. But it will something big in Europe. I approached also the “Höhle der Löwen” which is I think a similar TV show like shark tank in the US. They were also super interested to feature us in the show, but I denied, as it was too early. Maybe next year.
Bottom line, what a change within 1.5 year, ok I had some savings already to invest, but I can say I worked my a$$ of for the last 18 months, kept my regular job, while open a bar, where I worked at the beginning myself until late, slept 3-4 hours to get up again, started writing a business plan and and and. As MJ said, first of all, you need to get your a$$ off and do something.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007