The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

(SEO Fastlane) Would this be helpful to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaxton1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
625%
Feb 22, 2014
Often when I refer to SEO in one of my threads I see people respond with all sorts of SEO related questions. It seems there might be some interest on the subject. One option would be for me to start a progress thread where you can watch me over my shoulder as I generate wealth through SEO. Would that be helpful to you?

But here's the deal, there is a ton of committment on my part if I start a thread like that. I don't mind helping the community out; but I'll only do it if there's enough interest. Reply below if you want me to start a progress thread like that.

Unless you've been living under a rock; you probably know SEO has changed completely over the last couple of years. Many have gotten out of the biz due to frustration and major losses.

Technically SEO violates the law of control. At any time Googe can create updates that cause sites to lose rankings. But what if I told you it is possible to control google. Wait, what? (Edit: Its not what you're thinking. I don't work at Google or make them do anything. But I do have a system in place to control losses and rankings.)

It's possible to create systems and processes to protect against algo updates. What if I told you that I have a system in place that allows me to re-rank penalized sites in as little as 14 to 30 days? (Edit: It requires thinking out of the box and controlling your SEO)

What if I told you I have sites that never get impacted by major algo updates? (Edit: But those sites can take years to build up to authority level) What if I told you SEO is easier today that it was a year ago? Would you believe me? It doesn't matter if you do or don't; its true.

SEO is no different than any other marketing channel-- you have to tame it or it will tame you.

You know why most people fail with SEO? -- they take shortcuts. They look for simple "easy" solutions that result in penalties or ranking slaps. SEO is hard work; but can be extremely effective.

Forget Whitehat, Blackhat, Greyhat.... what matters are results. Techincally any influencing the SERPS is at minimum greyhat. What I do is no different than what Google does on its own web properties. If you want to do smart SEO, watch what the Sherrif does and follow. Let me just say Google isn't so whitehat. Did you know Google's been caught buying links? Did you know Google owns directly or indirectly hundreds of websites that practice shady SEO? (Much worse than the stuff I do!)

Look, don't blame Google. They are in business to make money. Is it any surprise that since Google's attack on SEO, Adwords revenue has jumped drastically? Is it any surprise Cost Per Click has doubled since 2012? ... its just basic math. The more difficult they make SEO, the more businesses will rely on ads. The more advertisers that compete, the more cost are driven up. Cha-ching!

Google recently created an update that penalizes sites that use too many ads above the fold? Yet at the same time they loaded their search results with 10 ads to 3 organic listings. Google is infamous for its double speak. But don't fault them, they're in business to make money. They don't care about you or your sites. They have zero interest in helping you rank organically. They care about your money, not your sites.

Now that I've got that out of the way...

If you still think SEO is dead or that there is no way to control it; then exit this thread because I failed to get the message across, and I suck. For the rest...

I've created million dollar businesses with SEO and I'm up for a new challenge, maybe it will be fun. Do you want me to start an SEO progress thread? It would be designed to show you how SEO can be used as a fastlane mechanism for your business. If so reply below and tell me why and what you hope to learn from it.

If you have no interest in this, do nothing. ... it will save me some headache. ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
My site is 15+ years old and competing with sites close to that age as well on keywords with xx million search results. So getting any movement is like turning an aircraft carrier around (lots of time and effort). I am also rebuilding my thousands of page website, and there is some fear in breaking all my SEO in the transition. So my goal is to maintain my rankings and move the majority of my 2nd page rankings to the top 4 positions.

Jez Davis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Mar 3, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Hey Spaxton1,

As I'm really new to this, with no website whatsoever as well. I think this information would be SO beneficial for myself as of how highly important and essential this would be for any online business.

I would greatly appreciate this information!!

Jez

Thoelk

Artificial Psycho
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 18, 2014
Belgium
All your stuff is gold, but this would be the icing on the cake for me!
I'm still brewing on my idea (read: finding 'physical' need, instead of just ideas), but marketing my platform and using SEO seems the most daunting task for me.

I would love it if you would come up with such a progress thread! I would just want to learn how to start efficient. I know that I could start by my own and learn it the hard way, but seeing someone experience start off in the right direction might help me (and others) a lot... For those who have absolutely no experience in SEO & marketing or whatsoever.
For all your contribution, all my rep goes to you! It's all I can do... for now!

Last edited:

John64

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 5, 2013
UK
I'm always willing to learn. Definitely in on this
clear.png

Last edited by a moderator:

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
In It to Learn It! Would be awesome to read. Thanks!

funkj25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 5, 2011
Spaxton,

Personally I've given up on trying to keep up with the SEO game. I still do the "basic" on-page stuff with keywords in headings, meta descriptions (irrelevant nowadays isn't it?), etc. And of course links in are always nice, but I don't try to get them for the sake of SEO. Since it's such a changing landscape I could never figure out how to get a method down to make reasonable gains in the big G. Thus, I started focusing on learning paid traffic recently which I plan to continue with.

So my "why" would I want you to start an SEO progress thread is easily because I get lost in the details and could use the guidance. I'd be hoping to learn some kind of concrete system as you supposedly have. Pretty simple in the truth of it.

Disobey

following breadcrumbs
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Feb 18, 2014
Luxembourg
But what if I told you it is possible to control google.

So basically you mean that we can control the matrix? You want to show us how deep the rabbit hole goes?

red-pill.png

I'll sure take that red pill sir!​

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
It is possible to create systems and processes to protect against algo updates. What if I told you that I have a system in place that allows me to re-rank penalized sites in as little as 14 to 30 days? What if I told you I have sites that never get impacted by major algo updates?

Alrighty then. Please show us proof of a successful re-rank without compromising your sites. I smell BS.

edit:

Ok forget it, already found my answer. People just have to buy a monthly package from your "private, exclusive network", based on "28 secrets". I wonder why I saw this coming..

(You might want to set non-index on your sales page if you're serious about "not advertising this network publicly, only opened to select few blahblah...")

edit2:

The first and second result for your main business' company name are from scambook.com. Why dont you outrank them to protect your million dollar business if you're supposedly so good at SEO?

Good luck though, maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Alrighty then. Please show us proof of a successful re-rank without compromising your sites. I smell BS.

edit:

Ok forget it, already found my answer. People just have to buy a monthly package from your "private, exclusive network", based on "28 secrets". I wonder why I saw this coming..

(You might want to set non-index on your sales page if you're serious about "not advertising this network publicly, only opened to select few blahblah...")

edit2:

The first and second result for your main business' company name are from scambook.com. Why dont you outrank them to protect your million dollar business if you're supposedly so good at SEO?

Rut-Roh.png

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Are you going to be doing some sort of churn and burn method? If so I... am.... In......

brob742

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
People just have to buy a monthly package from your "private, exclusive network", based on "28 secrets". I wonder why I saw this coming..

Don't know if this is true (and hope it's not)...BUT...
Literally sent a couple folks a message saying I could see this coming a couple days ago...

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012

edit:

edit2:

Well then, that escalated quickly.

Built4Greatness

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Dec 25, 2013
I want to learn more about SEO because I have a site that I have been trying everything to get ranked high with BIG G. Ranking high would increase traffic and increase sales. Looking at the links of the top sites for the keywords I am targeting I can see a lot of things that aren't "natural" so I know it's possible. I will be watching this site like a hawk. Let's do it.

Freyr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 17, 2009
This would be very helpful info for me, since I'm currently in the process of promoting my site.

SerpKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Jun 6, 2013
It is possible to create systems and processes to protect against algo updates. What if I told you that I have a system in place that allows me to re-rank penalized sites in as little as 14 to 30 days?

If a site has a manual penalty applied to it THE only way to get around it is to contact google with a reconsideration request. So yeah, if you can remove links fast enough in 14-30 days, submit a reconsideration, and get a response from google then it's possible. Other than that it isn't.

System = have a private high pr blog network so links can be controlled. Not rocket science and definitely not a secret

spaxton1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
625%
Feb 22, 2014
Don't be pissed at this guy...

You're abosolutely right! I'm 100% with you on this. There's a ton of BS out there and I appreciate the skepticism. In SEO, people are so full of crap right now that anyone in the SEO business better have their guard up. I refer to it as "drinking the Kool-Aid." I get it, I have to earn your trust. We're both still on the same page. Let's talk via PM, I'll be glad to continue this discussion with you. All I ask is let's not turn this into a witch hunt-- its not fair to me or the forum.

Lol, you found that site. But I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. For those of you trying to figure out what he's referring to... Based on his language it appears he found a SEO service I started 2 years ago. It was a private network that offered packages to members. That service was launched as a solution to Google's Penguin update which turned SEO upside down. It solved that problem. BUT, that was 2 years ago and no longer applies to todays SEO. (2 years is light years in the SEO world)

That network wasn't advertised, it was too risky. What "theag" doesn't know is that prior to that site I had another one that was based off of lower quality HPBL (Homepage Backlink) sites. I admit, the original service was a shortcut and I paid the price. That entire network got de-indexed, and I lost over $60,000 worth of PR domains. It sucked. I learned another hard life lesson.

By the way, that service from 2 years ago sold out in days and generated about $250,000 in revenue. Not bad for a residual business that was 97% automated. As for not de-indexing the "non-advertised" network-- a valid question, but an incorrect assumption. I considered setting the the site to "no-index" but plenty of members accessed the site by typing the name in google; which would have hurt usability and probably hurt referrals.

That service is still profitable but those using it have switched over to targeting Bing/ Yahoo.

No business I own has scambook listings ranking #1 and #2 for its company name. In large businesses negative reviews are sometimes unavoidable. There's only 1 scambook review I'm aware of but that was from 2011, which by the way we have intentionally outranked by promoting our A+ BBB listing, Facebook Page, News Story, and a Press Release (but that ones still on page 2)

That business you're referring to is very well known within our industry, it helps thousands, and could be reasonably sold today for a few million. You don't create a business like that overnight. Check the whois, its been around for over 8 years and is highly successful.

I'd be more than happy to compare "who's bigger" if that's the game you want to play. In all fairness to me, I'm using my real name and not hiding behind a generic user ID. I'd be more than happy to openly discuss your businesses now. Care to share?

Last edited:

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
I'm guessing that controlling google, while it sounds exciting, isn't possible at all. That being said I'd say everyone claiming otherwise is full of BS.

SerpKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Jun 6, 2013
I'm guessing that controlling google, while it sounds exciting, isn't possible at all. That being said I'd say everyone claiming otherwise is full of BS.

It's totally possible, just join my VIP secret network for 3 easy payments of $997. Or we can do a 1-on-1 private google domination coaching session for 4997.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I'm all for it, I think that your approach may be quite surprising and offer some unthought of value to many.
:innocent: :halo::bookworm:

spaxton1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
625%
Feb 22, 2014
I'm guessing that controlling google, while it sounds exciting, isn't easy at all. That being said I'd follow

True, nothing worthwhile is easy.

Yep, I'm full of BS.

Controlling Google is a matter of understanding how algos work. Algos are nothing more than a math equation. If you want to control a math equation its a matter of understanding the equation. Master this and you master the serps.

It's totally possible, just join my VIP secret network for 3 easy payments of $997. Or we can do a 1-on-1 private google domination coaching session for 4997.

Looks like the witch hunt is on... its ok, you can put down the pitch forks.

I laugh how people are so closed minded. Are you really that worried I'm going to spend hours upon hours working on an SEO progress thread just so I can sell you a service? Last I checked self promotion is prohibited on this forum.

Yeah, I take offense to your accusations. Did you ever think that maybe my secret plan is to help others and not focus on myself. I've put a lot of time into this forum already, and I try to be helpful. I wish more people were generous with their time. I'm sure I could learn a lot from you too.

SerpKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Jun 6, 2013
True, nothing worthwhile is easy.

Yep, I'm full of BS.

Controlling Google is a matter of understanding how algos work. Algos are nothing more than a math equation. If you want to control a math equation its a matter of understanding the equation. Master this and you master the serps.

Looks like the witch hunt is on... its ok, you can put down the pitch forks.

I laugh how people are so closed minded. Are you really that worried I'm going to spend hours upon hours working on an SEO progress thread just so I can sell you a service? Last I checked self promotion is prohibited on this forum.

Yeah, I take offense to your accusations. Did you ever think that maybe my secret plan is to help others and not focus on myself. I've put a lot of time into this forum already, and I try to be helpful. I wish more people were generous with their time. I'm sure I could learn a lot from you too.

Not worried or close minded, but your OP put me in a time machine back to 2010 on the warriorforum.

I "liked" your intro post, however it is pretty clear after reading a few more what your intentions are/were. This forum is really high quality and self hype sticks out like a sore thumb.

Although I'm not a heavy hitter here I feel I owe this forum something, the book played a big role in shifting my business strategy and led to a big last year, and a bigger one so far this year. I consider myself an "expert" on seo, so I felt the need to jump in before anyone followed blindly. There are numerous ques in your OP, nobody is witch hunting: you're selling, period.

I just think Guru Coaching/Link Selling SEO BS = ZzzzZZZzzzz...Save that stuff for the warriorforum where people eat up that BS.

Last edited:

Ivan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 22, 2011
Psh, my system is way simpler.

You just buy out Google. Then you can control your rankings.

That'll be $39, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!