What's new

selling someone elses stuff on my website?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

thecoach

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
125
Location
Regina, SK, Canada
Rep Bank
$315
User Power: 19%
Sorry for asking such a basic question that might have been answered elsewhere on here, but I don't even know what terms to search for to find the answer.

I'm in the process of creating a website for my business (financial services). I plan to have a products/downloads area where people can download some free software type tools that I've created (Budget/cashflow worksheets, Guides for executors, Will checklists, etc)and that others have created (retirement calculators, mortgage calculators, etc)as well as some products that I sell through affiliations with companies. What I thought I might do is also make available a couple books and products created by other people that relate to the work I do (IE: Coles notes books about "what is a mutual fund", "insurance 101", "basics of taxation", financial planning books about estate planning or whatever financial topic, etc) as well to generate some other lines of income. What is the starting point to sell other peoples products on my website that are drop shipped (is that the right term for when a person orders and it is sent directly out of a warehouse rather than me having to keep a stock and ship myself?). Primarily, books/e-books for this site, but I plan on launching another sports website (specific to a certain position in a sport that is often neglected by coaches in this sport) with coaching information and such as well where I would sell books, DVD's, and sports equipment that I've created myself and some stuff that other have created as well.

Where do I start to get the rights to retail someone elses product that is drop shipped? Start with the publisher/creator? Start with the place that sells the product already (IE: Amazon.com, etc)?

If there is already a thread on this somewhere, please feel free to delete this post and PM me a link to the thread.

Thanks!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

A fu puv piif sohjvt vu fsuqtjoq. Zua jewi vu gopf fsuqtjoqqonh dunqepoit. Xjev vjiz fu ot jewi huuft op e xesijuati xjodj qiuqmi moli zua timm epf vjiz tjoq. Vsz nihehuuft.dun cav jesf vu neli nupiz cideati ov't vji teni qsodi et iCez. Og zua xepv siem fsuqtjoq vsz etloph esuapf up vjixjumitemigusant.dun
 
Txiiv...vjeplt! Xetp'v tasi xjev xet piifif vu hiv summoph.
 
O'n pix vu vjot gusan, tu O juqi O'n csieloph vji samit. Juxiwis topdi O'n puv tumodovoph vjot gus nztimg, O xuamf johjmz sidunnipf zua djidl uav XusmfXofiCsepft.dun et e wemaecmi tuasdi ug opgusnevoup up fsuq tjoqqoph epf xjumitemis tuasdoph. Gsun xjev O dep vimm Djsot Nemve (vji Guapfis) tiint vu ci ep iyvsinimz tvseohjv gusxesf qistup. Ji iyqmeopt xjev ot siraosif epf jux vu hiv tvesvif. Emvjuahj vjisi ot e gii gus nincistjoq, jot xictovi uggist tiwisem vavusoemt epf sigisipdit vjev esi eweomecmi vu pupnincist. Updi zua hiv vu vji xictovi, muul gus Situasdi Dipvis us zua nez vsz vji "Gsii Tvagg" vec.

Zua qsucecmz emsiefz jewi vjot, cav zua xomm piif e Gifisem I.O.P. epf e vey ofipvogodevoup gsun zuas tvevi. Emm ug vjot ot iyqmeopif ev vji tovi.

O juqi vjev jimqt.
 
Jiz Duedj, O katv siemobif zua esi op Depefe, tu zua esi ucwouatmz apfis foggisipv vey samit epf nutv molimz xup'v piif vji G. I.O. P. Iwip tu, O xuamf muul ev vji Xictovi. Vjiz jewi ep opvispevoupem nincistjoq ceti tu O'n tasi Depefoep samit esi effsittif et ximm.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom