The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

selling someone elses stuff on my website?

thecoach

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 29, 2007
Regina, SK, Canada
Sorry for asking such a basic question that might have been answered elsewhere on here, but I don't even know what terms to search for to find the answer.

I'm in the process of creating a website for my business (financial services). I plan to have a products/downloads area where people can download some free software type tools that I've created (Budget/cashflow worksheets, Guides for executors, Will checklists, etc)and that others have created (retirement calculators, mortgage calculators, etc)as well as some products that I sell through affiliations with companies. What I thought I might do is also make available a couple books and products created by other people that relate to the work I do (IE: Coles notes books about "what is a mutual fund", "insurance 101", "basics of taxation", financial planning books about estate planning or whatever financial topic, etc) as well to generate some other lines of income. What is the starting point to sell other peoples products on my website that are drop shipped (is that the right term for when a person orders and it is sent directly out of a warehouse rather than me having to keep a stock and ship myself?). Primarily, books/e-books for this site, but I plan on launching another sports website (specific to a certain position in a sport that is often neglected by coaches in this sport) with coaching information and such as well where I would sell books, DVD's, and sports equipment that I've created myself and some stuff that other have created as well.

Where do I start to get the rights to retail someone elses product that is drop shipped? Start with the publisher/creator? Start with the place that sells the product already (IE: Amazon.com, etc)?

If there is already a thread on this somewhere, please feel free to delete this post and PM me a link to the thread.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Udt123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Feb 24, 2009
boston ma
U do not need rights to dropship. You have to find dropshippimg companies. What they do is have goods in a warehouse which people like you sell and they ship. Try megagoods.com but hard to make money because it's the same price as eBay. If you want real dropship try asking around on thewholesaleforums.com

thecoach

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 29, 2007
Regina, SK, Canada
Sweet...thanks! Wasn't sure what was needed to get rolling.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
I'm new to this forum, so I hope I'm breaking the rules. However since I'm not soliciting this for myself, I would highly recommend you check out WorldWideBrands.com as a valuable source of information on drop shipping and wholesaler sourcing. From what I can tell Chris Malta (the Founder) seems to be an extremely straight forward person. He explains what is required and how to get started. Although there is a fee for membership, his website offers several tutorials and references that are available to nonmembers. Once you get to the website, look for Resource Center or you may try the "Free Stuff" tab.

You probably already have this, but you will need a Federal E.I.N. and a tax identification from your state. All of this is explained at the site.

I hope that helps.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.