The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Selling my music catalog and international character for US $1.5 billion. Critique?

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019
Wait! I'm not a troll. Did you read what I wrote above? The website was intentionally created in a whimsical style with actual wisdom of the world weaved in. It is supposed to illustrate the creative process, particularly in the crazy world of music. Listen, Jon Anderson of the band Yes thinks he's elf! So why can't I? Oh, because I'm not rich and famous like him. I get it. You only accept it when someone "makes it big". Many people behave this way.

I understand. I do know something about how the world works. Did you see in the website the method of which Thomas Edison operated on, the method that discovered the light bulb and phonograph? I have followed that method and have succeed wildly in marketing but so far not in music to date, other than having listeners in 149 countries. - but to think I would give up because a few or a few billion people say I'm not good, I'm a troll or delusional (I like that) will never happen.
Can you prove at least that? I also feel like you're not being serious, so how about you provide some proof for what you've said here?

You're an elf who dines with billionaires and wildly succeeds in marketing, yet you're selling 800 songs recorded with cheap headphones. You're somehow just as good as the legendary Beatles and superior to 11-Grammy-awarded Bob Dylan.

But have you made 1 dollar with your music?

The value of your music is exactly 0 as you have provided zero proof for having ever had any listeners (apart from your unimpressive YouTube channel), not even considering that you haven't sold anything yet. There are hundreds of thousands of musicians who have dozens and hundreds of singles that will never be heard by the masses, you now look just like any of them, but with a touch of insanity as you have made not 5 not 15, not even 50, but 800 songs...

If you're a troll, you've nailed this! If you're not, you should visit a mental health expert.

P.S. You can also show some proof and math behind your superior potential and currently delusional valuation.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted85763

Can you prove at least that? I also feel like you're not being serious, so how about you provide some proof for what you've said here?

You're an elf who dines with billionaires and wildly succeeds in marketing, yet you're selling 800 songs recorded with cheap headphones. You're somehow just as good as the legendary Beatles and superior to 11-Grammy-awarded Bob Dylan.

But have you made 1 dollar with your music?

The value of your music is exactly 0 as you have provided zero proof for having ever had any listeners (apart from your unimpressive YouTube channel), not even considering that you haven't sold anything yet. There are hundreds of thousands of musicians who have dozens and hundreds of singles that will never be heard by the masses, you now look just like any of them, but with a touch of insanity as you have made not 5 not 15, not even 50, but 800 songs...

If you're a troll, you've nailed this! If you're not, you should visit a mental health expert.

P.S. You can also show some proof and math behind your superior potential and currently delusional valuation.

Youtube has indicated I have listeners from 149 countries. They also indicate I have about 56,700 views. This is proven, if youtube is correct.

As I indicated this is an undervalued investment. You generally do not make a fortune buying things that everyone knows the worth of. What's the worth of Wisztrock? The music and character were intentionally created to be whimsical, to do the impossible. And you can tell by the wisdom in parts of the website that there is something "true" about it and that it can be done. There's no doubt about that.

If you listen to the music you can find very specific time periods of classical music elements. Well, that is if you know classical music. If you don't, no problem. Just enjoy the music. There is an intelligence there but then there's also fantastical nonsense in the lyrics and website text. Text that talks about moving the world to the 3rd stage of social evolution. That's not nonsense. It's happening now and Wisztrock can be the catalyst. An investor can own the character and all the rights that go with it.

Oh, and Bob Dylan? You think he has a good voice. I don't. Anyone who does is delusional! If he can get rich and famous in music Wisztrock can too. But there's something you might want to know. I lived in a house that Bob Dylan stayed at and played in. That is true.

Last edited by a moderator:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
As I indicated this is an undervalued investment. You generally do not make a fortune buying things that everyone knows the worth of.
How is it undervalued at 1.5b? I think what you mean is potential value.

You make a fortune by paying less than what something is worth at the present time. Or by paying present value and then increasing its value.

Which one are you?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Wait! I'm not a troll. Did you read what I wrote above? The website was intentionally created in a whimsical style with actual wisdom of the world weaved in. It is supposed to illustrate the creative process, particularly in the crazy world of music. Listen, Jon Anderson of the band Yes thinks he's elf! So why can't I? Oh, because I'm not rich and famous like him. I get it. You only accept it when someone "makes it big". Many people behave this way.

I understand. I do know something about how the world works. Did you see in the website the method of which Thomas Edison operated on, the method that discovered the light bulb and phonograph? I have followed that method and have succeed wildly in marketing but so far not in music to date, other than having listeners in 149 countries. - but to think I would give up because a few or a few billion people say I'm not good, I'm a troll or delusional (I like that) will never happen.

My suggestion still stands. I want to see you pitch your offer to real music industry people and I'd love to see what they say.

Are your songs worth more than Bob Dylan's, and if so, how?

I also don't think your music is bad, it's just poorly produced. To someone like me, who loves stoner/psych/prog stuff, that's not really a bad thing.

Maybe you're not a troll and are just far out. Jon Anderson is far out. But I can't shake the feeling that you don't actually want to be taken seriously, and that those who do are falling for an elaborate practical joke.

Onakosa

"When I grow up I want to be ... "
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Oct 23, 2020
UK
The whole concept is based on the future. It's like investing in The Beatles in 1960. It's the potential.

The price is based on what I estimate the annual average net income for the next 10 years could be at a 10% return.

Wisztrock has been listened to by people in approximately 150 countries and has the potential to be an international superstar.
This whole post misses 100% the relationship between fans and music. I don't mean to be rude, but are you SURE you're a musician? People engage with (any) Art in a different way from e.g. stocks or property. You'll always get maybe 10% who will buy on the basis of a recommendation from an expert, but the majority will buy because they love the song or the artist.

Paul McCartney bought Buddy Holly's back catalogue because he was a fan. The fact that it went stellar in value didn't matter to him. I have an acquaintance who bought some of Marc Bolan's songs when they were deeply unfashionable. A few years later Levi's used 'Get it On' in one of their ads and Bolan's tracks were worth a fortune. But the point is that he bought them because he was a fan.

I would - respectfully - suggest that you cannot talk people into buying this sort of product. They either want to or they don't.

Onakosa

"When I grow up I want to be ... "
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Oct 23, 2020
UK
My suggestion still stands. I want to see you pitch your offer to real music industry people and I'd love to see what they say.

I also don't think your music is bad, it's just poorly produced. To someone like me, who loves stoner/psych/prog stuff, that's not really a bad thing.

Maybe you're not a troll and are just far out. Jon Anderson is far out. But I can't shake the feeling that you don't actually want to be taken seriously, and that those who do are falling for an elaborate practical joke.
You put stoner in the same bracket as ... Prog???

D

Deleted85763

How is it undervalued at 1.5b? I think what you mean is potential value.

You make a fortune by paying less than what something is worth at the present time. Or by paying present value and then increasing its value.

Which one are you?
I used the term "undervalued" as a common investment term. You could also say "potential value".

D

Deleted85763

It doesn't natter what industry people think - they didn't think The Beatles had a worth. There are so many musicians who were turned down by "industry experts" yet they eventual became stars. The internet is changing things as well as far in many respects. I could in practice sell my songs direct to consumers. May I will.

You know how Bob Dylan sounds. I can't figure out why he became so famous, an icon. I will agree that his voice has certain qualities that others may like but not the masses. I think his voice is terrible. His lyrics may resonate with many people. I don't know. They don't resonate with me.

I'm like Jon Anderson in that I "get" the magic of being alive but I discovered the art of individuality and developed the "Three Stages of the Social World Theory" as a philosophical discipline which blends with the music (ex. The UUSR was in large part brought down by western pop/rock music). Jon Anderson is a real person and a real musician. Wisztrock is a contrived character whose music is also contrived.

Last edited by a moderator:

finnyfun

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Aug 20, 2018
Connecticut
That wouldn't have been good advice in 1960 for getting in on The Beatles. Or 1976 for Van Halen, Or in 1989 for Nirvana. The lesson: You get rich buy buying undervalued assets, not established ones where everyone knows the worth.
1.5 billion is not undervalued for something with 200 subscribers on youtube, odd background noises in the music, and on no major streaming services. Oh yeah and look at the thumbnail too..

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
Youtube has indicated I have listeners from 149 countries. They also indicate I have about 56,700 views. This is proven, if youtube is correct.
I hate to break it to you, but 56,700 views is nothing. My buddy was messing around in audacity and made a remix of an unknown south african rapper named Riak with DMX as a meme and got more hits than that. It was the worst shit I've ever heard in my life.

I'm just going to say what everyone here is thinking: you're nuts if you think you're getting 1.5 billion for wizard rock.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I'm selling my music catalog of approximately 800 original songs along with the international character Wisztrock. These songs have been listed to by people in about 150 countries. I am also blending social change aspects with the music along with the wisdom of humanity. You can see the website and hear some music at:

Music (not all 800 songs):

What do you think?
I'll buy it all for the price you asked in my newly created currency. I value it as a future value of regular currency, just much higher, for every 1 USD my newCSD is worth $1Trillion. Based on this transaction, I want you to wire me the difference. One day newCSD will be worth $2Trillion in the future because of 10% annual growth and you'll be the richest person in the world because you did this transaction with me. You are welcome.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
D

Deleted85763

@robertwills restate your desired outcome here? looking to sell? get ideas?

you are in ATL. hit me up.
My desired outcome? I did state that in this thread but I will do it again:

Through another forum, relating to marketing/sales, I met one of the richest families in the world and did a number of consumer good transactions with them. To make an analogy, it's like I posted some of my music and then I got an email from say U2 saying they want to meet me and buy some of my songs. So, you never know what may become of simply getting "out there", sharing your talents and offering good information online to others. Also, ideas that others may have may be ones that I could have never thought of myself. This is a great forum for that.

On the other hand I know the whimsical nature of this thread, my music and website is not like I had say, 1 million t-shirts or something else that was very tangible to a buyer. But you never know.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
so you are looking for ideas / brainstorm for ways to provide value for a connection you made with a rich family?
things you had never thought of type stuff. something that might propel your music career. right?

Kybalion

Renegade Master
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Oct 5, 2018

Yeah, if Youtube is correct that's 70 views per song... that's so whimsical.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.