- Joined
- Apr 27, 2014
- Messages
- 28
Rep Bank
$170
$170
User Power: 79%
Hi there,
yesterday I've been discussing with a friend about selling and delivering wooden pellets to be used with stoves.
I'm currently in the north of Italy, and in the recent years this bio-fuel has been literally exploding, with over 2mln stoves currently active and Italy consuming over 40% of the volume consumed in Europe.
What attracts me is :
* high revenue per sale (selling per pallet/truck)
* healthy margin that justifies big PPC spending (to later scale the sales process)
* low competition (it's a business with low-barrier : all you need is a way to deliver the pellets and somewhere to store them : they have no expiry date, so even investing a few grands in buying a whole trailer in cash, means that I could be able to make the money back by simply selling wholesale at a lower cost)
* recurring business : a normal household would consume about 1 pallet per 30 up to 45 days, so during the whole season I'd be able to make a few sales per single customer
What scares me :
* logistics : it takes some effort to deliver these pallets, I'm no logistics mastr, I'd go the outsourcing route, but there's not many options around and frankly I'd like to take care of the first delivery
* import from a extra EU country : it's a smaller concern, that can be easily taken care off
* competition : while the level is pretty low, there's already a few competitors, at least on a regional scale
I still haven't looked into possible sales channels beside PPC, classifieds, flyers and bandit signs (I guess it's enough to get started and try out 😀).
I'd like to get some devil advocate kind of advice, to spot the real pain points and if anybody has been doing this already it would be great to talk about it in private.
Also, this idea, if I can prove it right, due to it's scalability limit, can be copied and cloned pretty much all around the world (as long as there's a need for the product).
yesterday I've been discussing with a friend about selling and delivering wooden pellets to be used with stoves.
I'm currently in the north of Italy, and in the recent years this bio-fuel has been literally exploding, with over 2mln stoves currently active and Italy consuming over 40% of the volume consumed in Europe.
What attracts me is :
* high revenue per sale (selling per pallet/truck)
* healthy margin that justifies big PPC spending (to later scale the sales process)
* low competition (it's a business with low-barrier : all you need is a way to deliver the pellets and somewhere to store them : they have no expiry date, so even investing a few grands in buying a whole trailer in cash, means that I could be able to make the money back by simply selling wholesale at a lower cost)
* recurring business : a normal household would consume about 1 pallet per 30 up to 45 days, so during the whole season I'd be able to make a few sales per single customer
What scares me :
* logistics : it takes some effort to deliver these pallets, I'm no logistics mastr, I'd go the outsourcing route, but there's not many options around and frankly I'd like to take care of the first delivery
* import from a extra EU country : it's a smaller concern, that can be easily taken care off
* competition : while the level is pretty low, there's already a few competitors, at least on a regional scale
I still haven't looked into possible sales channels beside PPC, classifieds, flyers and bandit signs (I guess it's enough to get started and try out 😀).
I'd like to get some devil advocate kind of advice, to spot the real pain points and if anybody has been doing this already it would be great to talk about it in private.
Also, this idea, if I can prove it right, due to it's scalability limit, can be copied and cloned pretty much all around the world (as long as there's a need for the product).
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
