The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Selling a physical product through=

Marketing, social media, advertising

Hsolo23

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Dec 17, 2023
Hello Fastlaners,

Im currently working on selling an ayervedic supplement that I've been researching for about 2 months now. My goal is to sell to local middle eastern shops and also make it available online through a shopify store.

I've done some research in my local area and every shop I've visited, they've had the cheap possibly fake versions of my product. I've also come across situation where the shops carry only 1 version of the product or are always out. Which means they are either not stocking fast enough or they are always running out. Currently have a sample of my product and I want to go and provide the owners of the shops with a presentation on the purity and benefits of the product in its real state. Its has a certificate of analysis to prove its purtity as well as its source of cultivation.

All said and done laid out sounds simple. The roadblock im having (possibly just a mental road block) is my uncertainty on whether Ill need specific licences or wholesale certifications to provide the shops with the product. I know specific stores like wholefoods,nugget,sprouts and other natural foods stores have reqiurements in order to put a product on the shelves.

I live in california so im sure there is some license or cert thats needed. Just not sure.

So my questions are

does anyone in here have experience putting a product on a shelve of a grocery store or small shop?
What did they ask for in order to have your product on the shelf?
Are there any requirements or certifications prior to selling or distributing?
I currently have an LLC from my personal training buisness can I sell product through this same LLC or will I need to create another LLC for the product?
Some shops have language barriers specifically Urdu, how did you over come this?

I dont mind looking like an idiot in front of the shop owners becuase I get its a part of learning but Id like to minimize the amount the volume of idiocy.

Any advice or Feedback is appreciated.

Thank You for taking the time to read this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Are you in the US?

parabolic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 7, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
does anyone in here have experience putting a product on a shelve of a grocery store or small shop?
Yes, multiple.

Depends exactly on what you are offering and who the buyer is. As you've noted, larger companies will generally require more paperwork if they don't already know you.

Here's some information from California regarding supplements and necessary registration Dietary Supplements

I currently have an LLC from my personal training buisness can I sell product through this same LLC or will I need to create another LLC for the product?
Consult attorney or insurance professional.

Some shops have language barriers specifically Urdu, how did you over come this?
Translation app.

Hsolo23

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Dec 17, 2023
Yes, multiple.

Depends exactly on what you are offering and who the buyer is. As you've noted, larger companies will generally require more paperwork if they don't already know you.

Here's some information from California regarding supplements and necessary registration Dietary Supplements

Consult attorney or insurance professional.

Translation app.
Thanks, for the reply.

I’ll take a look at the info you gave me and circle back

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.