The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sell Now Fulfill Later

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
I would like to share something profound that I learned this weekend that has helped me identify a costly mistake I was making in marketing my business.

It is possible some of you are making the same mistake in your business so I hope this helps.

Like most, I like to over deliver on any type of marketing service or product that my clients (usually business owners) spend their hard earned marketing dollars on. In sales and business this is called fulfillment, and it should always be the end result.

However, very rarely is it possible for one to Market (sell) their services and Fulfill the agreement simultaneously. Many of us think that the second we make a sale or acquire a new client we have to start work immediately to prove ourselves trustworthy.

Huge Mistake! Here is why. The business owner’s mind can only effectively operate in 1 of 2 modes. Either you are selling or you’re fulfilling. Never both effectively.

The moment you begin to focus on doing the actual work for your client, you are no longer an effective sales engine for your company.

The same applies for learning new services or software you are going to offer to your clients as premium services.
Sell first, learn later. Most of us (including myself) do this part backwards but you must have faith in yourself and your ability to deliver on the back end.

There will always be the excuse that you need to learn a little more so that you can be more confident but that’s something you need to get past because it's costing you money.

When you are selling, the momentum of multiple sales can take you much further than your confidence in what you have learned.

Will you eventually have to stop and deliver? Absolutely, but I would rather stop and fulfill at the point where I have 5 contracts and thousands of dollars in my account versus getting one client and stopping to fulfill then trying to recapture my sales momentum after each and every new customer.

The remedy. Give yourself a 30 day window to start work. This way you can spend 30 days selling your a$$ off, and as much time as you need after that fulfilling.

Eventually you can hire or outsource a team to fulfill while your selling your product or services.

This sounds so simple but you would not believe how many business owners go broke because we are unable to gain any sustainable sales momentum because we are focused on the wrong things.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.