The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seeking Guidance and Advice

Share your FTE moment...

Sjena

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Aug 30, 2023
Croatia
Hello, I'm a 24-year-old male, and I'd like to share my story and ask for help.

I currently work as an administrative officer. While my job is not particularly challenging, it's close to my house, and I have a lot of free time to do whatever I want on my PC. However, I'm tired of the routine, my colleagues, and the repetitive tasks that I do every day.

I have a passion for coding and IT. I've been learning coding for about a year and a half, and I've completed a few projects for my CV. Despite my efforts, I've been rejected in several interviews. The most recent one seemed promising as it was for an entry-level IT position that matched my skills, but they turned me down due to my notice period, as they needed an immediate hire.

I often feel hopeless and depressed, and I'm certain that I don't want to stay in this job any longer. I'm thinking that I'm wasting the best years of my life in this role.

My desire is to transition into an IT job where I can constantly learn and work on things I'm passionate about, but I'm also interested in entrepreneurship. My plan was to secure a better-paying job, learn new skills, expand my network, and eventually freelance coding to accumulate capital for a business.

However, after being repeatedly rejected in the IT job search, I'm starting to doubt investing more time in coding, especially when the IT job market appears to be in decline.

I'm seriously considering leaving my current job without a backup plan, but I realize that might not be a realistic solution.

Now, I'm unsure of what to do next. Should I continue learning coding and keep looking for an IT job? Should I explore other career paths? Should I relocate to a different city for better opportunities? Should I start some kind of business?

I would appreciate any guidance or advice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Apr 29, 2019
You say you have a low effort job with a lot of free time. Use your free time to start something on the side, don't try to switch to a time consuming job.

Becoming a freelancer will eat your time and sell your time for money. It's another job with more responsibility.
Can you make your own support agency with your current skills? What about coding?
You don't need money to start a company, you need something people want, and ideally be able to provide it through a system, not by sitting down and working every day.

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
Hello, I'm a 24-year-old male, and I'd like to share my story and ask for help.

I currently work as an administrative officer. While my job is not particularly challenging, it's close to my house, and I have a lot of free time to do whatever I want on my PC. However, I'm tired of the routine, my colleagues, and the repetitive tasks that I do every day.

I have a passion for coding and IT. I've been learning coding for about a year and a half, and I've completed a few projects for my CV. Despite my efforts, I've been rejected in several interviews. The most recent one seemed promising as it was for an entry-level IT position that matched my skills, but they turned me down due to my notice period, as they needed an immediate hire.

I often feel hopeless and depressed, and I'm certain that I don't want to stay in this job any longer. I'm thinking that I'm wasting the best years of my life in this role.

My desire is to transition into an IT job where I can constantly learn and work on things I'm passionate about, but I'm also interested in entrepreneurship. My plan was to secure a better-paying job, learn new skills, expand my network, and eventually freelance coding to accumulate capital for a business.

However, after being repeatedly rejected in the IT job search, I'm starting to doubt investing more time in coding, especially when the IT job market appears to be in decline.

I'm seriously considering leaving my current job without a backup plan, but I realize that might not be a realistic solution.

Now, I'm unsure of what to do next. Should I continue learning coding and keep looking for an IT job? Should I explore other career paths? Should I relocate to a different city for better opportunities? Should I start some kind of business?

I would appreciate any guidance or advice.
Hey there!
If you really wanna switch your job relocating somewhere that has opening can be good tho i would be challenging, you can use linkedin to get new job alerts, you can even freelance and gain some more experience (freelancing would really alot of time and efforts in the early stages), you can keep on learning and learn more languages the more the better in the IT field

Desolation Row

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2022
Austria
You say you have a low effort job with a lot of free time. Use your free time to start something on the side, don't try to switch to a time consuming job.

Becoming a freelancer will eat your time and sell your time for money. It's another job with more responsibility.
Can you make your own support agency with your current skills? What about coding?
You don't need money to start a company, you need something people want, and ideally be able to provide it through a system, not by sitting down and working every day.
Agree 100%. Great advice and aligns with my experience.

Last edited:

Sjena

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Aug 30, 2023
Croatia

I'm trying to be productive at work by learning coding, reading books, and building my skillset. My main desire is to change my environment urgently because I'm bored with my current job and want to explore new opportunities. However, I don't want to end up in another job that makes me miserable.

I agree with the part of trading time for money, but high paying jobs can be great for accumulating capital while working on side hustles and the job can finance those side hustles. Unfortunately, with my current job I can barely finance side hustles.

What do you mean by “support agency”? I’ve learned a lot of concepts in coding, but I lack some real experience.

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Apr 29, 2019
I'm trying to be productive at work by learning coding, reading books, and building my skillset. My main desire is to change my environment urgently because I'm bored with my current job and want to explore new opportunities. However, I don't want to end up in another job that makes me miserable.

I agree with the part of trading time for money, but high paying jobs can be great for accumulating capital while working on side hustles and the job can finance those side hustles. Unfortunately, with my current job I can barely finance side hustles.

What do you mean by “support agency”? I’ve learned a lot of concepts in coding, but I lack some real experience.
Figure out what you want to do. Being bored is not an argument if your aim is to become financially free.

DarkKnight

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 3, 2020
Its just a temporary dip -- the IT job market ain't going anywhere just yet. Too much stuff that needs to be delegated to intelligent machines.

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023
I have a passion for coding and IT. I've been learning coding for about a year and a half, and I've completed a few projects for my CV. Despite my efforts, I've been rejected in several interviews.
IT sector is the highest paying sector, and it has remained so for a very long time. The only problem is that it changes very quickly and those who do not align themselves with it are left behind. At present the IT sector is changing at the fastest pace and many are not able to understand the change itself. In the next 5 years, IT sector will rule the world, everything will run on code and all this will be done through artificial intelligence.

So in my opinion there is no better field than this in today's date.. to learn something, to build something, and to create companies.

but I lack some real experience.

This is why you're facing difficulties in getting a job!

Sjena

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Aug 30, 2023
Croatia
In the next 5 years, IT sector will rule the world, everything will run on code and all this will be done through artificial intelligence.
I agree with you, and I hope the IT job market will rise again soon. IT is the future, especially AI. In a few years, everything will likely change, and many repetitive and boring jobs, like my current, will become automated.

This is why you're facing difficulties in getting a job!
I know right, but I decided to try harder to land that first job and to accumulate capital faster and gain experience.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.