Hello, I'm a 24-year-old male, and I'd like to share my story and ask for help.
I currently work as an administrative officer. While my job is not particularly challenging, it's close to my house, and I have a lot of free time to do whatever I want on my PC. However, I'm tired of the routine, my colleagues, and the repetitive tasks that I do every day.
I have a passion for coding and IT. I've been learning coding for about a year and a half, and I've completed a few projects for my CV. Despite my efforts, I've been rejected in several interviews. The most recent one seemed promising as it was for an entry-level IT position that matched my skills, but they turned me down due to my notice period, as they needed an immediate hire.
I often feel hopeless and depressed, and I'm certain that I don't want to stay in this job any longer. I'm thinking that I'm wasting the best years of my life in this role.
My desire is to transition into an IT job where I can constantly learn and work on things I'm passionate about, but I'm also interested in entrepreneurship. My plan was to secure a better-paying job, learn new skills, expand my network, and eventually freelance coding to accumulate capital for a business.
However, after being repeatedly rejected in the IT job search, I'm starting to doubt investing more time in coding, especially when the IT job market appears to be in decline.
I'm seriously considering leaving my current job without a backup plan, but I realize that might not be a realistic solution.
Now, I'm unsure of what to do next. Should I continue learning coding and keep looking for an IT job? Should I explore other career paths? Should I relocate to a different city for better opportunities? Should I start some kind of business?
I would appreciate any guidance or advice.
I currently work as an administrative officer. While my job is not particularly challenging, it's close to my house, and I have a lot of free time to do whatever I want on my PC. However, I'm tired of the routine, my colleagues, and the repetitive tasks that I do every day.
I have a passion for coding and IT. I've been learning coding for about a year and a half, and I've completed a few projects for my CV. Despite my efforts, I've been rejected in several interviews. The most recent one seemed promising as it was for an entry-level IT position that matched my skills, but they turned me down due to my notice period, as they needed an immediate hire.
I often feel hopeless and depressed, and I'm certain that I don't want to stay in this job any longer. I'm thinking that I'm wasting the best years of my life in this role.
My desire is to transition into an IT job where I can constantly learn and work on things I'm passionate about, but I'm also interested in entrepreneurship. My plan was to secure a better-paying job, learn new skills, expand my network, and eventually freelance coding to accumulate capital for a business.
However, after being repeatedly rejected in the IT job search, I'm starting to doubt investing more time in coding, especially when the IT job market appears to be in decline.
I'm seriously considering leaving my current job without a backup plan, but I realize that might not be a realistic solution.
Now, I'm unsure of what to do next. Should I continue learning coding and keep looking for an IT job? Should I explore other career paths? Should I relocate to a different city for better opportunities? Should I start some kind of business?
I would appreciate any guidance or advice.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
