The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seeking for advice

maniek00000

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jul 30, 2013
Hi,
I live in Eastern Europe. I want to start in internet marketing. Do you think it is better to start in my native language or try to hit bigger audience writing in English? As you can see my level is far from being fluent but my goal is to learn it anyway. Nonetheless I am afraid that nobody will read my articles because my often mistakes. Is it possible to become good marketer without great writting skills?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
What language, russian, polish or something else?

Go for the local market that you understand! See what they need and build a business/brand around proving an excellent solution/service to meet that Need.

:)

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
There will likely be much less competition in your native language, but the potential reward will also likely be far smaller. If you were doing media buys in some form, learning in a smaller, more familiar market would probably make sense. However, you talk about articles and writing, so it sounds like you'll be doing seo/content based sites, and in that case, since they're such long term projects you might as well start in the market that you ultimately want to end up in. Don't worry too much about your writing skills, as they'll improve along the way.

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
There's definitely scope in online marketing without having writing skills yourself. You could start by targeting the native audience and expand as your cash flow increases, thus giving you the option of hiring people who will write for you.

Don't let the language be the barrier bud

Andrew C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Feb 25, 2014
Central Florida, USA
Go for the local market that you understand! See what they need and build a business/brand around proving an excellent solution/service to meet that Need.

GREAT suggestion.
By starting here, you can decide specifically WHAT you want to market on the internet.

Many people look at "Internet marketing" as if it is something different from ordinary marketing.

Once you know WHAT you are going to provide to the market, you can craft a strategy that USES the internet.

Nonetheless I am afraid that nobody will read my articles because my often mistakes. Is it possible to become good marketer without great writting skills?

Who says that writing articles is the best way to market on the internet? ;)
You can DEFINITELY be a great marketer online without having great writing skills, and it really doesn't matter what language.
Imagine how many people buy through pay-per-click text ads (like google Adwords) or graphic banner ads (there are several on this web page), and these require very little grammar mastery.

If you actually DO want to market with articles, you can get great editing and translation services on Fiverr.

Hope that helps buddy, continued success!

maniek00000

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jul 30, 2013
Yeah, great point mate. When I think about my question now, it looks stupid. If you wanna succeeding badly enough, nothing is going to stop you. Thanks

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Maniek00000,

What language did you say you spoke? I am from America, and have been born and raised here all of my life. It's always been English for me, but recently, I took a trip to Mexico, and was amazed at how much Spanish I learned just from speaking with some of the people down there. It was awesome to be able to talk to girls at bars with a little bit of Spanish (and whip out the Google Translate app for the rest! :)). My current slowlane job also requires me to speak to customers on every continent. I've been exposed to Middle Eastern, India, Chinese, Australian, Italian, etc accents and dialects, and find it very interesting to speak to people from around the world. I believe it can really be a good customer-service oriented exercise for anyone, and really helps me understand people better.

Anyway, I'd like to extend a hand to a new member. If you have a few moments to talk on the phone, or Skype, shoot me a PM. I'd be glad to help you through any "barrier" you're experiencing with English as best I can. Would be a benefit for both of us!

Best of luck!

Gravy

Andrew C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Feb 25, 2014
Central Florida, USA
Anyway, I'd like to extend a hand to a new member. If you have a few moments to talk on the phone, or Skype, shoot me a PM. I'd be glad to help you through any "barrier" you're experiencing with English as best I can. Would be a benefit for both of us!

Wow Gravy, what a cool thing to do for him...

When I think about my question now, it looks stupid.
NOT A STUPID QUESTION AT ALL MY FRIEND.

I say that because I have met a LOT of people who feel a little bit overwhelmed when thinking about marketing online.

I am sure once you identify a "gap" or "need" that you can fill, you can do some really simple things (like Facebook marketing and basic Wordpress websites) and get more comfortable as you get used to using these tools.

When I first started marketing online, I had no specific valuable product or service, so it was very frustrating.

I was aimless.

I hope I can save you some of the time I wasted spinning my wheels.

Once you have something that can fill a need, the internet can help you find more of that same type of customer.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I have an Italian friend who does IM and he went fot italian market, created a video tutorial on SEO in italian and had (I think) about $5000 in sales first month. I can get you in touch with him.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart II using Tapatalk 2

maniek00000

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jul 30, 2013
What language did you say you spoke?
I am Polish mate.

It's always been English for me, but recently, I took a trip to Mexico, and was amazed at how much Spanish I learned just from speaking with some of the people down there.

I know what you talking about. I spent last year in London and I am amazed, how fast I went from being absolute beginner in English to quite good level in my opinion. And I learned mostly by partying with friends and reading books:)

I am sure once you identify a "gap" or "need" that you can fill, you can do some really simple things (like Facebook marketing and basic Wordpress websites) and get more comfortable as you get used to using these tools.
When I first started marketing online, I had no specific valuable product or service, so it was very frustrating.

I want to start in affiliate marketing. It can be the best way to learn some SEO and copywriting.

BTW, I am suprised that I have received so many answers in a few hours and all of you want to help me so much.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...