The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"Secrets" Of The Richest People

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
I feel that this article has a lot of good pearls.

Like most broke university students, Steve Siebold wanted to get rich. But unlike most college kids, he did something about it.

So he tracked down a millionaire—and requested an interview. That millionaire, in turn, introduced him to another millionaire and so on. Since then, Siebold has interviewed more than 1,200 millionaires and even billionaires. “It’s really a 30-year study at this point,” he says.

What’s the number-one mistake people who want to be rich—but aren’t—make?

They listen to the average person, with no money, tell them about money. You wouldn’t take fitness and health advice from someone who’s not fit, so why would you take money advice from someone who’s not rich? It doesn’t make sense.

http://www.businessinsider.com/secrets-richest-people-2014-3

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
"Get away from people who tell you that your [business idea] can’t be done because you don’t have enough education, money, talent. Listening to those people—and believing them—can quickly derail your plans."

"Remember that it’s not about the money, but your way of thinking. Rich people look for problems to solve, and then cultivate the skills, passion and talent to solve them."

"everybody has certain talents—they just don’t recognize what they’re worth"

"I wanted to be around rich people—not to make deals with them, but to learn their mindset"

"If I’m making $38,000, and I’m saving 10%, that’s only $3,800 a year. I’m going to be 300 years old before I can retire. What the wealthy do is focus on earning more. If you can make $200,000 a year, then you’re saving $20,000—a big improvement."

In short, start acting like you believe in yourself. Start being pragmatic. And surround yourself with the things that matter more than things that don't.

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Just surround yourself with those who are able to manifest money out of thin air, at will.

I am tired of loser slowlane people who INSIST it cannot be done a certain way. My boyfriend works in Corporate Finance, and we don't always see eye to eye as much as he is Mr Finance and understands the terminology very well however he has never said "I am not interested". He told me once that it took him 2 years away from me, when he left previously---to realise that Entrepreneurship is REAL and it can be done. It isn't JUST for "other people". It ate him alive that his girlfriend was just in her early 20's (this is a while back) and had a company running.

He realise how unsettled and discontented a job made him and how he was highly skilled but just lacking the springboard to JUMP into his own stuff. He still finds it scary however he is getting there.

Some Slowlaners just don't know there is another way for THEM. THEY are the ones who you CAN help because they WANT it.

I am however tired of those who complain and whinge.

bane

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Aug 7, 2012
NSW, Australia

Griffith

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 29, 2013
I am tired of loser slowlane people who INSIST it cannot be done a certain way.

This is the single biggest thing that grinds my gears about slowlaners. They're so freakin presumptuous.

"That idea won't work."
"He got lucky."
"You don't have enough money to do that."
"What do you know about that?"
"If it was possible, someone else would have done it already."
"Isn't another company doing that already?"

I used to share ideas with acquaintances until I realized that people were listening only to pick apart the idea. They would describe all the problems with it and why it won't work. They NEVER, I repeat, NEVER suggested solutions to the problems they mention. They never proposed ways to mitigate problems they pointed out. It was always the problem with that is this. So I stopped telling them ideas.

Later, I networked with successful businesspeople and shared ideas with them. They would also point out problems. But with one crucial difference. They actually came up with solutions or alternatives! Unsuccessful people are quick to tell you why something won't work but won't bother to suggest a way to get around the problems they point out. It's like they don't even want you to try.

My favorite story about presumptuous people tho isn't even about entrepreneurship.

The guy who invented a lab technique called polymerase chain reaction (PCR) came up with the idea and he brought it to a highly esteemed scientist who's intelligence he respected greatly. The scientist explained in detail why his idea couldn't possibly work. The guy said he wasn't smart enough to understand the explanation so he went in the lab and tried it. Turns out it did work.

Look, we have to make certain assumptions about what's possible before we take action. But a lot of times it's better to just try it out than sit here and think we know that something won't work. As long as the idea creates value, satisfies CENTS, and we can figure out ways to reduce our risk it's worth a shot.

Because when someone else comes up with the idea and actually executes, you'll be sitting there looking stupid saying, "That was my idea."

Last edited by a moderator:

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Man that was damn awesome! So glad I read your post! I liked the article too. You summarised the best parts tho. Might have to check out the book he wrote.

Here's the book he wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0975500341/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

And if you want a preview of the book before buying it:
http://www.mrzhutch.com/6packabs/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/HowRichPeopleThinkEbook.pdf

Cheers mate!

READING! Thank you for this!

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
This is the single biggest thing that grinds my gears about slowlaners. They're so freakin presumptuous.

"That idea won't work."
"He got lucky."
"You don't have enough money to do that."
"What do you know about that?"
"If it was possible, someone else would have done it already."
"Isn't another company doing that already?"

I used to share ideas with acquaintances until I realized that people were listening only to pick apart the idea. They would describe all the problems with it and why it won't work. They NEVER, I repeat, NEVER suggested solutions to the problems they mention. They never proposed ways to mitigate problems they pointed out. It was always the problem with that is this. So I stopped telling them ideas.

Later, I networked with successful businesspeople and shared ideas with them. They would also point out problems. But with one crucial difference. They actually came up with solutions or alternatives! Unsuccessful people are quick to tell you why something won't work but won't bother to suggest a way to get around the problems they point out. It's like they don't even want you to try.

My favorite story about presumptuous people tho isn't even about entrepreneurship.

The guy who invented a lab technique called polymerase chain reaction (PCR) came up with the idea and he brought it to a highly esteemed scientist who's intelligence he respected greatly. The scientist explained in detail why his idea couldn't possibly work. The guy said he wasn't smart enough to understand the explanation so he went in the lab and tried it. Turns out it did work.

Look, we have to make certain assumptions about what's possible before we take action. But a lot of times it's better to just try it out than sit here and think we know that something won't work. As long as the idea creates value, satisfies CENTS, and we can figure out ways to reduce our risk it's worth a shot.

Because when someone else comes up with the idea and actually executes, you'll be sitting there looking stupid saying, "That was my idea."

Perfectly said. I remember a loser ex-boyfriend of mine when I was 18. I was going to start a fashion magazine and when I excited told him the news, he snapped at me saying "Where will you get the money for it?". It got worse. He never even turned up to my father's funeral and when I think YEARS back to it, I question how messed up mentally I must have been. He was an accounts assistant, stuck in a DEAD END job (prob still there if anything) earning peanuts driving a beat up old model Honda Civic.

Till today, that made me rememeber "Never discuss with someone your excitement if they have nothing to be excited about themselves.."

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.