The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Scrum/ Agile Coaching...?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Spenny

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Hiya guys,

Met this cool guy on linked in who works as a scrum master & agile coach. The chat did feel a little mentor-y which I wasn't suspecting. Has anyone heard of these titles or got any insight?

Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I don't know how much you know, so if I'm teaching you to suck eggs, then apologies.
Agile is an iterative software development methodology. It is typically used with modern "web" based technologies more than on legacy systems.
Each iteration of development and delivery of functionality is known as a sprint. Scrums are used to facilitate planning of sprints and also the communications within the development team.
A scrum master would be the person who was responsible for making sure that the team follows the process appropriately. It would be mainly a quality control job. Although it might not be a full time role, so could be performed by someone with another role as well.
An agile coach would be someone who helps with implementing the agile methodology into an organisation, or who provides training to developers or project managers who are learning the agile method.

TL;DR A Scrum Master and Agile Coach is an Agile software development methodology expert.

Spenny

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I don't know how much you know, so if I'm teaching you to suck eggs, then apologies.
Agile is an iterative software development methodology. It is typically used with modern "web" based technologies more than on legacy systems.
Each iteration of development and delivery of functionality is known as a sprint. Scrums are used to facilitate planning of sprints and also the communications within the development team.
A scrum master would be the person who was responsible for making sure that the team follows the process appropriately. It would be mainly a quality control job. Although it might not be a full time role, so could be performed by someone with another role as well.
An agile coach would be someone who helps with implementing the agile methodology into an organisation, or who provides training to developers or project managers who are learning the agile method.

TL;DR A Scrum Master and Agile Coach is an Agile software development methodology expert.
Ok dope, not sucking eggs at all dw!

I got that from my reading, the person could just be another salesman. No worries.

Thanks Rob :)

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
I use principles from agile with my team for sure. Help to get things moving quickly and make quick experiments.

We are building an in-house platform to manage the merits program for a company. They have their existing one and want to include their international employees. We kicked this off two weeks ago, with the vision they had. We quickly tested the approach they have and realized that it is not viable. Even though the tool can accommodate what they want, it will create massive headaches for people actually using the tool. We were able to find it quickly because we involved them from the get-go.

It is a huge time saver, reduces waste and more importantly keeps the customers front & center.
We don't have agile coaches. But the "projects leaders" are familiar with agile, lean and six-sigma methodologies.

The Agile principles can be applied to virtually any area of a business. Put the people first, iterate quickly, and be flexible and adaptable.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Ok dope, not sucking eggs at all dw!

I got that from my reading, the person could just be another salesman. No worries.

Thanks Rob :)
If you want to know more, you can Google Agile, or I think you have said in the past that you have a mate / mates studying computer science, I expect that they will know about it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.